The Empire Link

Started by Matt L, December 21, 2011, 08:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

Most of the C636s have been restored to running condition and sent of over to the affiliated WNYP... but there were still a couple of the six axle Centuries on the property. One of them (seen behind #4) will probably become a parts donor, while her sister might rejoin the others on the WNYP.

Photo taken by me Fri 10/28/2011 in Cohocton, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

The B&H C424ms have picked up a few tank cars and are headed eastward through the Cohocton River valley.

Photo taken by me Friday 10/28/2011 in Avoca, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

Much of the active section of the B&H, including this area, is part of the former Lackawanna mainline.

Photo taken by me Friday 10/28/2011 in Avoca, NY.

Matt L

This is a railhead view of the ROW, as seen from the Babcock Hollow Road crossing.

Photo taken by me Friday 10/28/2011 in the Town of Bath, NY.

Matt L

B&H WACH-1 approaches Babcock Hollow Road.

Matt L

WACH-1 picked up more tank cars from a natural gas distributor and is approaching Eagle Valley Road.

Matt L

The tail end of the B&H local crosses Eagle Valley Road.

Matt L

WACH-1 crosses County Route 333 on former EL iron.

Photo taken by me Friday 10/28/2011 in Campbell, NY.

Matt L

This section of the B&H was originally part of the Erie Rochester Division. The crew normally stops WACH-1 here.

Photo taken by me Friday 10/28/2011 in Painted Post, NY.

Matt L

The Centuries have been uncoupled and are running light next to Chemung Street.

Matt L

The crew of the B&H local WACH-1 and the Alcos wait for the signal from Norfolk Southern to proceed to Gang Mills.  

Matt L

I left before the B&H interchanged with NS that day. This was my final shot of WACH-1.

Photo taken by me Friday 10/28/2011 in Painted Post, NY. It may be a while, but I will eventually post pictures of the LA&L's and B&H's sister shortline, the Western New York & Pennsylvania RR (WNYP). I hope everyone is enjoying this series. 

Matt L

Quote from: Matt L on January 24, 2012, 07:33:32 PM
Here is the other other U23B on the roster, #2302. She and the rest of the O&H loco fleet (except for #2211) was taken to higher ground and escaped damage from Hurricane Irene.

Photo taken by me Wed 8/24/2011 in Owego, NY.

Going, going, gone! The Owego & Hartford has sold both of their MLW RS18s (including #1811 seen here) to the Livonia, Avon & Lakeville RR short line family. The pair of RS18s have already been renumbered 416 and 417. They were delivered to Norfolk Southern at Owego on March 15th and were later dropped off at WNYP connection in Hornell. There is conjecture as to whether the RS18s will be assigned to the WNYP or the B&H, but I don't have a clear answer yet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk