Extreme Trains--The Coal Train

Started by Norm, October 09, 2010, 08:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

I know this was discussed a couple of years ago but I found a youtube link to The Coal Train episode of Extreme Trains from the History Channel so you guys can watch it anytime you want. 

Follows a NS coal train (I'm sure one of you northerners from the area will know the train no.) through Pennsylvania from the prep plant, around the famous Horseshoe Curve to a power plant in Washingtonville, Pa.  Here's the link to part 1, then from there you can click on the following parts 2-5 from the sidebar to the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBfKwhDlAU&feature=related
Norm

E.M. Bell

wow..I had forgot all about that show..and just how annoying that host feller really was ! 

Welcome back to the board Norm..haven't seen you around these parts for awhile ;)
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

NSyorktown

We have now purchased all the episodes of EXTREME TRAINS from the iTunes store.

So, they are on my desktop computer at home, and my son rotates them on his iPod for road trips.

Like the on-air personalities or not, it was neat to . . . .

1) Have a TV series about the railroad industry on the air

2) I really enjoyed the animations of various routes, equipment, etc. (from the technology perspective)

Like I said, all 8 complete episodes are available at $1.99 each @ iTunes . . . if interested.

RDS

Backyard

8) At worse, the host was embarrassing at times, because to stir excitement for the show he was encouraged to not sit like a knot on a log.

Unfortunately, almost all the railfan community wanted to hate him for his performance.

There went an almost limitless series, funded by tons of money & a producer setting there like a deer in the headlights looking for a recurring series....

You know, like "Ice-Road Truckers," "Swamp People," "Axe-Men,"...except for the lack of curse-words...sex-talk, physical body parts...I guess that's what everyone wants to see & hear...

Oh well, Hanna Montana Forever....

They could have covered the Heartland Corridor from one end to the other, different, unique or maybe the same railroading in different parts of the country, signals, positive train control & who should pay for that...
Backyard/Allen

Ed Fury

Norm

Quote from: E.M. Bell on October 09, 2010, 09:39:43 PM
wow..I had forgot all about that show..and just how annoying that host feller really was ! 

Welcome back to the board Norm..haven't seen you around these parts for awhile ;)

Yeah he's as aggravating as a case of the clap.

I've popped in on the board from time to time the past year or so, usually to look for info when I noticed something unusual in regards to NS in the Lexington/Nicholasville area.  Been really busy with law dog stuff until recently so my visits havent been as often as I would have liked.  Things are slowing down some now so I'll be around a little more I think.

Would love to visit Horseshoe Curve one day, speaking of NS coal hauling.
Norm

Khartoum

Iv'e still got the NS episode on my DVR from when it first aired. Probably my favorite of the series.

steveiez

I'm sure most would agree railroad dvds are wither silly or down right boring with those monotone narrators.
Steve

Backyard

8) Well dude, it's not like your sista's reality show......just shut off the audio(that's like "mute") & let me get some TV trains going on?
Backyard/Allen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk