Executive Train to visit ex-Wabash Rails

Started by NS145, October 18, 2009, 09:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NS145

The NS will be running their executive train over the Illinois Division's Springfield/Hannibal District on Tuesday, November 3rd.  The train is to depart Moberly, MO at 8:00 AM and is scheduled to reach Decatur, IL at 12:50 PM.  I would assume that it will continue east on the Lafayette District after a brief crew change at Decatur.  I haven't heard anything on how the train is to be routed to Kansas City.  I would assume that it would be routed via Louisville and St. Louis westbound, as there hasn't been any info about a westbound move thru Decatur.  If anyone has any information on the KC portion of the trip, by all means, feel free to chime in.
NW: There's No Stopping Us!

NS145

Ok, here's the latest info on the NS OCS train...

As I type this message the train is deadheading west thru Ohio. It is planned to depart Peru, IN at 5:15 tomorrow morning. It will then proceed west to
Moberly, MO via Decatur. The train will tie up at Moberly until next Tuesday (November 3rd), when it will run east to Detroit via Decatur and Peru, IN. It
will depart Moberly. MO at 8:00 AM and is scheduled into Decatur at 12:50 PM.  The train will stop for lunch at Decatur and then depart for Detroit.

The train will consist of all four F units and 9 passenger cars. The 4271 is leading westbound, so it is likely that the 4270 will be leading eastbound.

I am a bit perplexed as to why the NS brass wants to meet up with the train at Moberly, MO and not Kansas City, but such are the mysterious ways of upper
management.

NS145

NS #955 passed thru Springpatch at 10:57 AM heading west to Moberly.  Unfortunately, the weather was crappy.  Anyway, here are couple photos I took of the train as it came thru town:

http://ns145.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1811416

http://ns145.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1811417

Hopefully the eastbound trip next Tuesday will benefit from some nicer weather!

thpbears

Got to see these in person a few months back at the NC Transportation Museum at which the CEO of NS was dedicating a signal bridge. These engines are even more beutiful in person. Nice pics you got.

NS145

I made a special trip over to Moberly, MO yesterday to see the OCS train.   The train is parked there waiting for its esteemed guests to arrive for Tuesday's trip to Detroit.  Security was very tight, with a armed special agent constantly patrolling the area around the train.   Some of the locals told me that one of NS' vice presidents was actually staying on the train.  I was able to get the shot attached below from the south side of the tracks near the Stamper interlocker using my zoom lens.  Enjoy!

blacksheep

i don't know how far you had to go but i think the trip was worth it. man, that's a cool shot.  the only thing  that could make it better is if the 5167 was wearing its tux. maybe someone smarter than me can photo shop a sr paint job. if i had taken that shot  i would make a 8-10 and hang it on a wall.

NS145

Moberly is about 3+ hours west of Springfield.  It was a long drive, but definitely worth it.  I got to see the OCS train in the sun finally and I caught a lot of freight action.  

I was thinking the same thing about the F's in their Southern livery and the fact that the 5167 is an ex-Southern unit.  I thought this shot would be a slam dunk on RP.net, but it got rejected.  :(  I have appealed it; hopefully, it will get in.  Thanks for the "thumbs up"!

NS145

NS145

I chased the #952 OCS train from Holliday, MO, just east Moberly all the way east to Jacksonville, IL.  I also managed to catch quite a few freights after the OCS train arrived at Decatur and freight traffic got moving again.  If you're interested, here is a link to my "OCS #952 - 11/3/2009" Photo Album:  http://ns145.rrpicturearchives.net/archivethumbs.aspx?id=50559

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk