Main Menu

N Scale kitbashing

Started by AD4YJ, September 25, 2009, 07:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AD4YJ

Is anyone into N Scale kitbashing? I am working on a project right now. It invloves retrofitting an Atlas SD50 shell into a cat powered PR43C. With the help of some good sports on the motive power board, I have obtained several pictures of the major differences between the 2. I am going to have some decals made up locally and wondered if anyone else was interested in doing the same type of project, so I can have extra decals made. Basically just seeing if anyone on here is into N Scale.
Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

AD4YJ

Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

Chris7092

This is an interesting project.  What are the extra components made from?  I haven't done much in the way of extensive kitbashing like this, but with a little guidance I might be interested.  Any additional info about how to do this?  Perhaps this would be a good article for an N scale publication?

Chris

AD4YJ

The extra parts are made from sheet styrene, 1/8" thick.  They are cut on a small CNC millimg machine I have. I have made several parts, and each one gets a bit better than before. As the project moves along, I will post updates.

Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk