Main Menu

H.O. scale decals

Started by 44 gevo, August 31, 2008, 09:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

44 gevo

Does anyone know of a decal company that has the little orange and white square emblem's like the on's on most of the horsehead ns units and the yn3 csx units. As you may know the microscale sets 87-1180&87-1181 sets have these little emblem's on them. I would like to find a set that has several of these its knda rediculus to have to buy several csx sets to get some. the 87-1180 set only has 32 on it whitch gives you enough for approx. 2 ns units.
Griffin

Backyard

8) Gee golly gosh...

Go out and buy the Microscale display out...

If they took the time and expense to provide the product, you should support your supplier!
Backyard/Allen

44 gevo

I buy 99% of my decals direct from microscale when I can't find what I need. Maybe they will come out with a new data sheet for NS sometime, that will have more of these emblems on it. 
Griffin

scooter3798

Thats a tough one 44gevo. So far, other than buying multiple CSX sets, or BNSF (a couple of the newer ones have the orange and white OSHA decals), the best thing that I have found for a stand in is set 87-527.

http://www.microscale.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=87-527&Category_Code=EMD&Product_Count=21

There are a couple of warning labels that are pretty close to the OSHA decals. They are red and white, but they are about the same size as the OSHA's and if you are more than a foot away from them you really can't tell the difference. Other than that I don't know of any one (I have checked all the printers that I know of) that offers just a set of the OSHA decals, or them with any other data.

Hope this helps you out,

Scooter

44 gevo

Thanks scooter for your help it's much appreciated. I looked  on the herald king website didn't see anything so I guess I'll just ues the csx sets for now.
Griffin

scooter3798

By the way here are some shots of both sets just to give you an idea of what they look like. First a gevo with the red and white ones from the data set...

Next a shot of a GP38-2 with the orange and white OSHA's from the CSX set...

Scooter

44 gevo

I see what your saying scooter I like the 38-2 looks good, I assume that you detailed these locos they look great. I think that i'll use the csx sets. I like them better. Thanks from 44 gevo! 
Griffin

Gage O'Dell

Quote from: scooter3798 on September 04, 2008, 12:01:23 AM
By the way here are some shots of both sets just to give you an idea of what they look like. First a gevo with the red and white ones from the data set...

Next a shot of a GP38-2 with the orange and white OSHA's from the CSX set...

Scooter

Wow I Liked 2609 the fake fire burn almost looked real it almost fooled me !! Great job!!!

scooter3798

Thanks for the compliments. I did the Gevo for Sean Hoyden, and speaking of burns I did a BNSF CW44-9 for Sean that had a little bit bigger burn on it...

Scooter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk