Track Warrants are History on the Central

Started by Michael Knight, July 08, 2008, 10:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Knight

The West End has gone to track authorities now. Has the LS done the same?

TB4JY

Quote from: nsboxcar on July 08, 2008, 10:41:43 PM
The West End has gone to track authorities now. Has the LS done the same?

It's about time! ::)  Now I can throw out my 23-A book. ;D

Michael Knight

Georgia may have been the first to change; I remember all of the Central crews were having to watch the video about track authorities several years ago. The Piedmont  has been using track authorities for a few years too.

bsbaxter

AL Division has been using Track Authorities for a while too.  I'd say at least a year...

Michael Knight

Quote from: TB4JY on July 09, 2008, 12:34:57 AM

Put it on Ebay, some phoamers will probably have a bidding war for it. ;D

TB4JY

Quote from: nsboxcar on July 09, 2008, 12:42:27 PM
Quote from: TB4JY on July 09, 2008, 12:34:57 AM

Put it on Ebay, some phoamers will probably have a bidding war for it. ;D

I could see myself getting in hot water over that.  I think I'll just toss it out. ;)

J-man

The TA form went into effect on the 7th.  I've heard a few dispatchers still call them 23-A's.  Hard habit to break! ;)
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

Michael Knight

Quote from: J. Young on July 09, 2008, 05:08:28 PM
The TA form went into effect on the 7th.  I've heard a few dispatchers still call them 23-A's.  Hard habit to break! ;)

Hard habit indeed; I hope none of the overworked, half-asleep crews get the new boxes confused with the old ones...that could cause a real problem.

TB4JY

Did the transition to the new system go smooth?  I know when we changed over down here, the dispr's couldn't move any trains.  Couldn't send out train orders or anything.  It was a mess. ;D

peachfuzz

Quote from: TB4JY on July 09, 2008, 06:05:12 PM

Did the transition to the new system go smooth?  I know when we changed over down here, the dispr's couldn't move any trains.  Couldn't send out train orders or anything.  It was a mess. ;D

...and they didn't seem to have any trouble lapping up stuff either.  Columbus, Albany, and Griffin districts had multiple incidents.  Couple of close calls too!  Most were dispatchers fault, several were crew, couple were the same conductor that liked to use the cell phone to get his authority and then not tell the engineer.  Know which one I am talking about...?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk