NS CNOTP Train Symbols

Started by nscnotp1, November 02, 2006, 09:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nscnotp1

I have compiled a partial list of train symbols that run on the CNOTP, but I do need your help in completing this list. If anyone has info on the few trains that are blank and info on grain trains or other trains that are not listed, please post them here so that I can finalize the list.

The list is to be placed on NORFOLK SOUTHERN photo gallery in the near future.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Link to list: http://nsphotos.8m.com/ns_train_symbols_cendiv.jpg

Batman

170   Birmingham , Al to Elkhart , In

197  delete ,  it no longer runs.

Backyard

8) What happened to NS Train #252-Triple Crown, Atlanta, GA to Sandusky, OH?
Backyard/Allen

cmherndon

Quote from: BackyardWhat happened to NS Train #252-Triple Crown, Atlanta, GA to Sandusky, OH?

252 (same for 263) quit running on the CNO&TP while back.  Triple Crown trains are allowed up to 150 trailers, I believe.  More trailers = less trains.  I'd say that 264 handles most, if not all of the Sandsusky traffic,  leaving it at Ft. Wayne, IN.  Our panel of experts might have more information on it.

Quote from: nsrayman197  delete ,  it no longer runs.

It runs as far south at Cincinnati, where they combine it with 133.  196 still runs doesn't it?
Caleb M. Herndon, KK4CDT
Frankfort, KY
http://www.cmherndon.com

"The human mind is like a railroad freight car; guaranteed to have a certain capacity, but often running empty."

nscnotp1

Chris7092

252 now runs from Ft. Wayne, IN to Detroit, every day except Monday.
263 is now a Detroit (Ypsilanti)-St. Louis train, usually dedicated auto-parts, and is one of the few trains that does not work Ft. Wayne.
On the CNO&TP, Triple Crown trains are limited to 140 units, as siding lengths on parts of its route prohibit running with 150 units.
The two existing Triple Crown trains that run on the CNO&TP are the 251 (Sandusky, OH-Atlanta, GA) and the 264 (Atlanta, GA-Chicago, IL)

Hope this helps,

Chris
K8CRQ
Nashville, TN

252 (same for 263) quit running on the CNO&TP while back.  Triple Crown trains are allowed up to 150 trailers, I believe.  More trailers = less trains.  I'd say that 264 handles most, if not all of the Sandsusky traffic,  leaving it at Ft. Wayne, IN.  Our panel of experts might have more information on it.

Quote from: nsrayman197  delete ,  it no longer runs.

It runs as far south at Cincinnati, where they combine it with 133.  196 still runs doesn't it?
[/quote]

Backyard

8) Thanks Caleb, and Chris, for the update, on 252.

As you probably know, a cabride on 252, from Emory Gap, TN, to Danville, KY was featured on "Cabride Through the Rathole," from Pentrex Video.
Backyard/Allen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk