Dcc system for ho scale!

Started by 44 gevo, August 14, 2013, 10:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

44 gevo

I was thinking of going dcc and wondered what would be the best affordable system to get that wont break the bank in price. I would want one that could handle say up to 6 to 10 trains on a say 20x20 layout aprox..
Griffin

thpbears

I got a NCE powercab a few months ago. It is simple and isn't that much. I think it can handle 4-6 trains but they make a power booster that you can pick up on ebay fairly cheap also. This is the only one I have hands on with.

44 gevo

Hey thpbears What model nce power cab did u buy . Their is a 525 or the 524.
Griffin

44 gevo

I think im going with the NCE dcc starter set their is a model 524-25 and a 525-25 anyone know what the difference is between the two?
Griffin

fireball451

NCE PowerCab is the way to go as a starter set.
NCE PowerPro or PowerPro are larger systems.
The PowerCab can turn into a ProCab on the larger systems.
Just make sure of the name before you order.
A POWERCAB can be purchased for around $150ish or so.
I have a PowerPro 5 amp system and a PowerCab System.
NCE is THE most user friendly system and the best system available in my opinion.

fireball451

Quote from: 44 gevo on August 17, 2013, 07:10:18 PM
I think im going with the NCE dcc starter set their is a model 524-25 and a 525-25 anyone know what the difference is between the two?

Not too sure about those numbers...
NCE usually just has "POWERCAB" as the part number...
Will have to check my box.

44 gevo

thank you I don't know what the difference is but iwant to get my moneys worth power wise.
Griffin

fireball451

The PowerCab is a home starter set. If you have a very large layout, running multiple trains, then you would need a PowerPro system. There is a booster available to expand the PowerCab. It should run 4 HO engines no problem without a booster. I have run 4 sound engines with mine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk