Main Menu

Ex grand trunk funk

Started by Badhorse79, May 29, 2013, 03:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well it started out real bad , I had but the flat finish on and it "frosted" on me so I got out the thinner and scrubbed it ! Started over and I'm shocked how it turned out !!!!
The DM&L bought the car it was in bad shape so the boys at the shop added new trucks new couplers and hoses and reflective stripes (paint shop is busy working on a new logo that's why it's still crusty)

dschlegel

Badhorse79

NSMoWandS

Nice! Started out bad? haha! Looks like that car is due for scrap track now! DE Dan

Badhorse79

Thank ya DE Dan , This car was a nightmare from the start I'm glad it turned out ok cause the sledgehammer and I woulda had a lil fun ! Just kidding I'm a thrower

NSTopHat

Interesting story on what has turned into a great looking car. May want to move the air hose to the other side of the coupler though....

Regards,
Russ

dschlegel

Quote from: Badhorse79 on May 30, 2013, 02:14:43 PM
Thank ya DE Dan , This car was a nightmare from the start I'm glad it turned out ok cause the sledgehammer and I woulda had a lil fun ! Just kidding I'm a thrower

I'm still laughing at this half a day after reading it! It reminds me of my old man trying to make an RS3 stick into a cinder block foundation wall after he jacked something up on it. The foundation wall won, RS3 never ran again.
PA Dan

Badhorse79

Oops thanks Russ ! Dan , That is to funny

NSMoWandS

You know I am a thrower/smasher too... but, in reality... there is no reason to throw/smash a railcar. You can always strip it or repaint it and decal it into a new car... but, I know it's more fun to chuck it! LOL! Worse case... you could always make a model of the following pic! DE Dan

Badhorse79

NSMoWandS

It does look good! I can see it at a silo being knocked around by switcher. DE Dan

Badhorse79

Thanks Dan , that's we're its headed first movement after being released from the shop !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk