Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Here's a few shot of the cab with scratch built sub base and battery boxes

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

Its done .... well the hard part now parts list time

Badhorse79

NSMoWandS

Nice Job BH! What is the "doner" engine? I only ask because of the different colored DB housing and the three brake cylinders per truck sideframe... Dan

Badhorse79

Athearn SD40-2 parts mostly the main shell was factory NS the DB is from a Family lines 40 that bit the dust in the 90s and the trucks are athearn sideframes but I am changing them after I realized that this loco is Ex Southern with only 2 cylinders but they came off the Donor or stayed on the donor  :P

Badhorse79

Added homemade anti climbers and the plow !

Badhorse79

And this is the new breakwheel housing ! Tons more to go ....
new fans, airtanks,  all the bells and whistles and the fun part finding handrails

NSMoWandS

I might get shot for saying this... but, I would make it an ex N&W unit with the three brake cylinders... but, that is just me! LOL! Looks great! Keep up the good work! Dan

Badhorse79

I was totally set to make it 6119 but the radiator grills are corrugated not the chicken wire ! Next time its gonna be N&W type

thpbears

Badhorse79

NSMoWandS

I have a set of Athearn SD45 Blue Box handrails if you want them... I believe they are the same... or a little bit longer. Dan

fireball451

Looking good!! Can't wait to see the finished project!

Badhorse79

Ohhh im pulling a Dan and using plastic stansion with wire railings which sucks to build but looks real nice ! I could use the rails of the 45

Badhorse79

Here's the finished "porch" minus the ditch lights

NSMoWandS

Badhorse79

Badhorse79

Well for an amateur with an xacto knife styrene sheets and glue .....well here it is painted black and showing errors I feel the more I build the better they might look  :-\ ........... this is admiral cab 1.0

Badhorse79

thpbears

Looks pretty good to me. Send it on over to get some coal hoppers. ;D

Badhorse79

Thanks ... and as soon as its outta the shop ill send her that way

NSMoWandS

Looks good! As you keep building them... not only do they get better, they take less time to build! Dan

Badhorse79

That is true!  I've already started the sub base for the GP59E the Cabs done! This one I just ordered decals and handrails so it may be complete this time next week?

fireball451

Guess you are going to force me to take on another NS project when I already have 9 on going as it is..... I want to take a peek of this one in person!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk