BACHMANN Hertiage ES44AC and SD70ACe On The Way

Started by ARandall70, October 11, 2012, 12:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARandall70

Its not April 1st, so I guess this is for real. Talk about a shock. Hopefully they turn out pretty well and we will have a cost-effective alternative for those looking heritage units on budget.

http://www.modelrailroadnews.com/news.html
Anthony Randall
Fuquay-Varina, NC
www.youtube.com/user/ARandall70

Badhorse79

Wow .. never thought id see the day bachmann would do them ... good for them!  Giving the fact that 20 years ago they were up there with tyco toy like stuff ... theyve come a long way I think

GrantTheClown

Wonder if they will have working ditch lights, lol.
"You don't mess with the cook!" -Harvey "Doc" Padgett, retired Southern Railway work train cook. 1896-1965.

thpbears

Sounds good to me. I just may be able to get em all to stage the Historic Spencer shot at my roundhouse if NSMOW ever gets that mow crew to get my track level. ;)

NSMoWandS

I have two Bachmann engines... SD40-2 and GP38-2. Both run nice, were not expensive($40-45), and overall I am happy. Had to change some paint, and add all those "label" decals... but, still worth it in my opinion... we will all have to wait and see. Dan

Southern6482

This could be good news... I really want several (like all 20) heritage units to display in my office. If I could buy all 20 for say 40-50 bucks a piece it would almost make it manageable. I don't need a DCC ready unit, sound, or anything to accomplish what I want. Just a decently detailed and decently accurate unit (not an AC4400CW for an ES44AC).

Badhorse79

I think they should sell a dummy version!  Think of all the folks who don't model but have ways to display them like ya said office , Desk, even a Den or Man cave! Man I wish I had time,  money,  space,  and manpower to make this happen

NSMoWandS

Badhorse, write them a letter... maybe they will see that they can make a lot of money from people who do not build layouts or runs trains. (AKA-my father)... they might even send you a set for the suggestion... weirder things have happened. Dan

thpbears

Dummy engines are hard to find now days. Around here anyways. They could find a very profitable market if they did make dummy engines for sale. Probably corner the market  and make far more than they thought. Even if you bought 2 a month at fifty bucks in ten months oh yeah they all could be ours. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk