Intermountain Heritage Units on the Way

Started by ARandall70, July 16, 2012, 06:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARandall70

I just received an email from Bob the Train Guy(www.bobthetrainguy.com) that Intermountain has modified/is modifying the tooling of their ES44AC model to accurately depict NS' heritage units and that an announcement is expected soon.

Of course the purpose of the email was to secure pre-orders as soon as the announcement is made, but I thought I'd pass along the information. Every email I've received from Bob in the past has been accurate.
Anthony Randall
Fuquay-Varina, NC
www.youtube.com/user/ARandall70

tarnett

This is true. I received the announcement via Intermountain's mailing list. Should be accurate down to label placement as I photographed all of the labels on all 10 GEs at Spencer a couple of weeks ago.  Buy'em up folks!

Regards,

Todd Arnett

thpbears

Badhorse79

Oh yeah ... Im saving every red penny for 8100 8103 & 8105 oh man im going to sell the kids and get 8099 ! Hmm maybe ill sell the lespaul .... Hmmm no I wont ...the car that's it. COLLECT THE WHOLE SET

Ed Fury

Badhorse79

I think athearn will be doing them ... but I also heard they're going to be releasing info on their Gevo line as well ...

tarnett

Badhorse79

Early spring due to new tooling,  switching door sides and a few grill mods along with the newer style radiator top section ... can't wait to see them in front of me!!!

chipallen16

Looking forward to this! Athearn decided to put the heritage schemes on AC4400s because they don't want to do new tooling. Shows who deserves the customers!

-Chip  :)

Ed Fury

Quote from: tarnett on August 20, 2012, 01:03:53 PM
Official announcement: http://www.intermountain-railway.com/currentflyers.html

Todd Arnett

So way down at the bottom it shows only three N scale heritage units. That's all?

Never mind. I found them all on another page.. about 3/4th the way down.

http://www.intermountain-railway.com/newsncomingsoon.html

Badhorse79

Yeah im not sure what Athearn is thinking ... ? But im sure someone will buy em... they went that far,  why not do the ACes?  Hmmmm

Badhorse79

Hehe scratch that ... they are ... sorry

MP15NUT

Athearn is doing the AC44's so people can have the Gevo's paint schemes now.  Their Tower 55 is modeled after the First Gevos made, they would only be able to use the running gear, the whole body is different and would need to be retooled.  The ACE's that they made are module, so they can do the correct ACe's, the gevo shell is not, so it would take them a whole year to retool it. 
MP15NUT
Modeling the NS Delmarva Secondary as the Delmarva Central

delcrr.webs.com
DELC is now on facebook!
Just search Delmarva Central!

ThoroughBreed

I have placed an order for 4 of them; CoG, NKP, Interstate, and Lehigh Valley. I have a seller thats selling the dcc non-sound units for $130 shipped. After discussing with the wife, I got the go ahead on them as long as I got the CoG unit lol.
As for the Athearn Aces, their gonna bankrupt me as there's so many good schemes.
TB8)

thpbears

I just ordered three. The Athearn Anniversary # 1030  want be released till next year but it looks nice enough to wait on. I also got the Southern since its the first my eight year old and me saw as well as the NS Heritage unit all with the approval of the wife. She must be wanting a new purse . ;D

NSMoWandS

Have not decided yet... but, I am leaning towards getting the SOU and NW units. They look pretty nice back to back! Dan

ARandall70

I think I have come across the same dealer as ThroughBreed, but I ordered Sound and DCC units for $185 shipped. Right now I'm getting the Original Norfolk Southern and the Interstate, as they are my two favorite ES44AC's and I can prototypically run them together as they did for a short time on coal trains.

I'm also contemplating the N&W and NKP units, hopefully they arrive well in advance of the SD70ACe's or I'll be broke!  ;D
Anthony Randall
Fuquay-Varina, NC
www.youtube.com/user/ARandall70

NSMoWandS

But, the million dollar question is... "Will the Mon unit have a window in the cab nose door?" It is the only one that does!!! LOL! Dan

Badhorse79

thpbears

That is pretty good observation. I never noticed that. But its all in the details. I would like to have all twenty -one units in front of my roundhouse and some ho scale subjects taking pics. What is a mother-in-law going for on the open market ? ;D

Badhorse79

Lol... Dave!  Dan suggested to me once to ask the Government for a loan for my railroad to purchase new locos ... try that before ya sell mama n law

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk