Main Menu

My tourist train

Started by Badhorse79, September 28, 2011, 08:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

As I posted earlier about my dad moving to Colorado before he left he helped get the layout off the floor and level ! I mentioned about planning a lil tourist train !? So he sent me a pennsy BRoadway limited NW2 with sound a pennsy  MRC 50' express reffer and two pennsy 4 axel pullmans by (scene master)? I was gonna post pics but my camera won't stay on the batteries are brand new so I don't know ! ? I think this will do just fine   

NSMoWandS

Funny thing... when a group I run with run at a certain person's house... he sometimes has a tourist train running during the session. And when that happens... we usually hear... " When the F**K will that D**N tourist train be gone?" all night long.

Badhorse79

Lol I was going to just run it for weekend events I wanted to build an area in the town where I can pop out a scene and have like a festival or a car show or like what the town of Hinton did on the new river trips

thpbears

That would amke a great scene Badhorse. Even to part a few differant engines on a siding with people around kind of like at Spencer of the Chatt railfest. You got me thinking just when I thought I thought of everything The new Top Gons are here. Anybody know the differance in 85r and 86 series hopper

NSMoWandS

From what I have found... there is no difference... just a run number difference. There is a split in the 100r and 101r where the hopper has changed. hope this helps.

Badhorse79

well here is the train and scratchbuilt station my dad sent me ! Icant wait to get the layout operationable so I can get this In the way of local freights an tie up my main

NSMoWandS

Looks good badhorse!
Have you considered a flatcar with sides and buying about 30 people to put in it. An article years ago in MR showed a modifid gondola with ladders on the side and exit slot cut out on the sides used for the same thing...

thpbears

I think its the club in Western North Carolina have a round section of N scale a Ns engine and some n scale flat cars with ho people. Looks like a kiddie ride. That flat car with people on it sounds good to.

Badhorse79

I was going to use a gondola or a transfer caboose but a flat can be in there too ? The layout is coming along very well ! If I could just get outta working friggin nights !! I'd have alot more completed!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk