2 Diesels and a few dirty bethgons

Started by Badhorse79, September 16, 2011, 10:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well since my layout is a bust , and the loco shop is in recession ! I decided to work on a few weathering projects and repainted 6712 to 6660 so I want to share with everyone my trial and errors

Badhorse79

thpbears

Nice weathering. what happened to your layout?

Badhorse79

Its a stiff 2% all the way around the first leg of the layout  and I'm having difficulties with yards and switch leads that either drop or raise up according to the drawing there is a road that goes over the main it goes to a building and the lead has to be 4% up to serve said building ! I am just having complications and doing it by myself is a little frustrating at times so I walk away ! For a long while lol ! My dad was helping me , but for health issues and that he never had time to grieve after my mom passed away we all thought it was time for him to worry about himself so he moved to Colorado to live with my oldest sister ! So the layout is still standing I just need to dive in and get busy and crying about it

Badhorse79

I was trying to say quit crying about it

thpbears

Ah thats the fun of it. I like building the layout better than running trains. Seems like you can never have it perfect. I can't anyway. Hope you have fun with it. Thats all that matters. Keep the pics coming when you get a good part of it done.

Badhorse79

I actually started laying the Staging main and started up the hill is starting to make a lot more sence I just needed to layout the track plan and adjust it's all falling together ! I will post some pics when I complete the grade and yard in ( pittfeild ) I am gonna change the name because I think CSX got this actual line from the split up of conrail and the housatonic is going to be the DM&L and of course NS is replacing CSX ! 

NSMoWandS

Just remember Badhorse... unlike a recent article in Model Railroader... there is NO wrong way to weather rail equipment! The only clean car is a new car and weathered railcars are like snowflakes... no two are alike. I guess I didn't need to write that last part.  haha!

NSMoWandS

Badhorse,
What types (specifically sp?) of grades are you having trouble with?  have found two ways for that... 1) using a subroadbed out of pine that rises and lowers... or using wood shims (hardware store) to raise and lower accordingly... I also purposely make my sidings and yard tracks have rises and falls in them to accurately model after prototypes... funny thing... it is actually harder to model track with rises and falls than to model level straight track! Hope this helps... any other questions... just ask.

Badhorse79

Well I figured it out I looked at the drawing and realized there are two stub tracks I thought its was a through yard so I was panicking that how can this be because the yard would have to rise with the main you would have to glue the cars down too the rails but I got it the whole thing figured out now I started laying track and setting switches and it's all good now ! The staging however needs to be stubbed but that's fine by me Im gonna put a run around track so I'm not picking up the locos to much  ! If I get in trouble I be sure to ask some tips Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk