New layout yep I started a new one

Started by Badhorse79, July 31, 2011, 08:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

well I started a new layout ! Its from a 2003 Model Railroader May I think      heres a few pics  !

I wanted to start over and build something that is a lil operational and is smaller that I have a better chance to finish

NSMoWandS

Looking good! If I start a new layout... I am going to try to build the double deck NS B-line with part of the Washington District that was published in MR about 2-2 1/2 years ago. Or the MR Bay Junction.. but with CSX and NS as the railroads.

Badhorse79

It's funny a say bay junction ! The photos I took ( railfanning the layout ) that area was laid using the bayjunction track plan ! But this layout has staging underneath at 46'' and rises to 54" but the through main line is just long enough to drop and pick up cars and also have run throughs I was going to have the main is NS of course but most of the layout is a shortline servicing local business witch will be the DM&L

NSMoWandS

Once again... great minds think alike! Ha Ha!

Michael Knight

Nice looking layout, Mr. Badhorse. How's it coming these days! Looks like you have lots of room for expansion.

Badhorse79

It's coming along really nicely ! I finally got passed what I think was the hardest part ! So is should be smooth here on out ! And yes I'm tinking of adding a coal mine extension ! Those bethgons need a place to go I'll grab some shots and post what I've been up to lately

NSMoWandS

Instead of a coal extension, then I would need more locos, cars, and a good size marshalling yard, I decided just to model a Secondary line to an off layout powerplant. That way I only need 4 engines, and two sets of cars.(one loaded, one empty)

Badhorse79

Here are a few updated photos
This is the staging area where NS will partake its to and from

Badhorse79

This is looking at the area DM&L and NS interchange the two stubs are the interchange tracks the other side will be a few industries but not sure what though

Badhorse79

And this one is where NS heads back under to staging and The DM&L shoot off to the left

Michael Knight

Wow, that looks like it's going to be a big-time operation! Good job on the benchwork too! Thanks for sharing!

Badhorse79

Thanks at least two can run it one can run the NS main and drop and pick up while the other can run the short line and serve the local businesses also the tourist train can tie thing up I also plan to have a few run through trains I wanna incorporate ns to a powerplant for the cities up top that the DM&L serve that the coal comes from a mine ns gets coal from? Im still thinking that one im also gonna have a lil black ford explorer and a certain railfan popping pics of all emd powered trains

Badhorse79

Well here's a bridge I finished oh around 4:00 today but I had to run a get some more cork roadbed and wound up talking to a few guys at the hobby shop and boom 8:00pm oh well I can complete the other side tomorrow

Badhorse79

Michael Knight

That looks pretty good, badhorse. Who made the bridge and what's its supposed length?

Badhorse79

Micro engineering company is theI manufacture and it measures 7" I have lost my scale ruler so the scale is I think around 45' to 50' feet? 

Michael Knight

Thanks for the info! If you could post a part number, please do! Was the bridge ready to go or did you have to assemble it? For the layout of my dreams, I'll need two of those together, side by side so that the deck appears to be one.

Badhorse79

Well this particular bridge was on my dads old layout so it was already to go I just put it in a box till I needed it but I think they have to be built it s just the sides and cross braces I bade to install the wooden planks atop the ties along the side and the feet 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk