So...Who is going to be in Chattanooga Labor day weekend?

Started by E.M. Bell, August 20, 2011, 10:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Everything looks good for the Jreb meet & Greet Saturday evening at Tenbridge. We just may have a special guest with us as well....Mr. Jim Wrinn, editor of trains magazine said he may stop by and join us for awhile...

Hope everyone has a safe trip in (if your not already here) and has fun shooting the steam and diesel....see yall at Tenbridge!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

butch

Wish I could have made it, of course Chattanooga was in rev 3.0 of my weekend plans and I'm on rev 5.2 currently.  I did have a little fun today http://www.jreb.org/ns/index.php?topic=11000.0.  Have fun.
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

thpbears

I was there with my two Bosses (wife,7 year old son) we had a great time. I was noticing alot of BNSF power in Debuts yard. Does BNSF come here and drop off coal ?  Met alot of great people that actually had manners and would say excuse me and Thank you. Maybe the world could learn from a bunch of Rail Fans. Anyways Thanks to all and Thanks to NS for all the great power and train rides. C you all next time along the track.

Full Service

NS operates several coal trains a day to power plants in TN, GA, and AL that come off the BNSF out of Memphis. Its is not at all unusual to see these with BNSF power on the front and back.  In fact, I would say the majority of those trains have BNSF power.
WB

thpbears

Okay that makes sense. I usrally don't see a BNSF in East TN/Southwest VA unless it is behind a few NS engines.

Crescent

Just want to say how much I enjoyed meeting everyone at Railfest and around Chattanooga.......
Its all over way too soon, but maybe this is the first step of better things to come.......

Wick Moorman says they plan to run about 1,800 miles of Steam excursions next year so I feel sure we will all get to hang out again at some point.....

Thanks to everyone for their friendship.....

Thanks for the pics E.M..........

lwjabo

Well the Boss and I did not make it. Wished we had. We thought about driving up sunday till we saw the weather report. Looks like all had a good time including the newly weds. Loos like the weather was good for Friday and Saturday. Shame it could not stay that way at least till Monday afternoon. The weather sure is keeping the gulf from being the place to go for Labor Day. We need the rain here in Georgia but not so much at one time. The race at Atlanta did not happen till Tuesday.
Well it's now foot ball season and looks like the UGA receivers could not catch the Swine Flu.
Keep on Trucking by Train.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk