Labor Day Plan Rev 5.2

Started by butch, September 03, 2011, 06:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch

My plans for Labor Day went through multiple revisions, version 3.0 was go to Chattanooga for the Southern 630 unveiling.  By today my plans were up to rev 5.0 and by this afternoon, it was 5.2.  I ended up checking out the bridge over Eagle Creek at Sadieville KY-I had never been there before.  The temp was only 97 so I hung out for a couple of hours and saw a NB and two SB.  Below is the first SB crossing the bridge. 

But I left with a couple of questions.  Check out the second pic-it looks like the bridge may have been double-tracked at one time.  Also, there are two concrete supports from what I guess was the original bridge straddling the creek [there are a bunch of old pads underneath too].  So do any of you CNO&TP historians know if it was double-tracked through Sadieville at some point?
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

Batman

probbly built like that to accomodate 2nd track if needed.   cool shots !

kbarnett

Hi Butch,

The CNO&TP was double tracked in the 1910's-20's First single track section after the whole RR was double-tracked was your King's Mtn. grade and tunnel. 1st district was all double track.2nd district had alot of single track with the tunnels. 3rd district was all double track after the tunnels. So yes there was 2 tracks at Eagle Creek. Wish you could have made it to Chatt. I would like to have gone, I had to work, but next week going out to Iowa to fire a different QJ.

butch

Thanks for the info Kelly, where in Iowa?  Not that I could go, volleyball season is hot-n-heavy.  Been trying to catch 152 again, maybe Monday.
Butch Adkins

Badhorse79

Sadieville? Is that the town that had the caboose ! Also isn't that just above Georgetown ? I've misplaced my track chart and the name sound very familiar? Nice shot by the way of the top hat

butch

Thanks.
Thanks.
And yes, that's Sadieville.
Butch Adkins

Badhorse79

Yeah I thought recognized that bridge ! I need to hit the ol stomping grounds again ( this time with a camera )

butch

20s era map from before the double-tracking
Butch Adkins

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk