2 (9.1%)
Whitethorne's NS 23G Radford,VA
4 (18.2%)
Whitethorne's 37Q Radford,VA
10 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: October 30, 2010, 09:34:56 PM

JCagle

The past few years we have done fall colors for the October contest. A lot of people said they didn't have much from the fall colors, or the colors weren't good before the deadline. This year I decided to postpone it until the November contest. So show off your favorite fall color shots this month, and if you don't have any then get out and shoot some!

If you have any questions or ideas for the contest themes for the coming months pm or email me.

Contest entry is open until Midnight on the night of Sunday October, 24. We will get the poll up on the following Monday for 5 days.

and as always the rules:

All images entered in the contest must be your own images. Any violations of this will be banned from entering the contest for 6 months. Any subsequent violations will receive a minimum of 1 year suspension from the contest. At Jreb we take seriously the rights of photographers, and we strive to protect those rights.

Entries may be watermarked with your name if you desire, but please remove any references to other sites for contest entries.

There will be a theme announced for each month's contest.

All entries must be Norfolk Southern or it's predecessors.

There is no age limit or time frame that the pictures must be from.

Everyone including moderators and administrators may enter the contest.

Each participant is limited to two entries in the contest.

Since the winning image is posted on the main page you must attach the file as a thumbnail. You may post the image in the thread as well if you desire. Attaching the image can be done in the additional options menu above and to the left of the post button.

The deadline for entries will be posted in the theme post each month. Following the deadline a poll is placed in the thread for voting. When the poll is posted the deadline to vote is also posted. The poll will time out at the designated time. The winner is determined by the highest vote total.

In the event of a tie vote the moderator of the contest will cast the tie breaking vote.

If you have any questions or concerns contact jbcagle7073 via the private messaging feature, or via email at
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

billworsham

Notch8 that is an awesome shot!!  Even better is the NS train on the CSX tracks! (I know they share, but its still a little bit rare to see NS on top!)

srman

NS eastbound local number 89 heads down Duncan Hill in southern Indiana with a couple of GP38-2's
doing the honors on 10/30/97

srman

Here's my other entry. GP59 4624 leads an eastbound track geometry train 904 by Georgetown In. on 10/24/06.

easterniarail

LORAM Railgrinder nearing the end of the journey on the Louisville Dst-Oct 2004.

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

61A starting up Duncan Hill by the floodwall in New Albany IN.  10-17-10
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

61A passing the new downtown New Albany YMCA
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

cmherndon

First photo: The sun glints off of NS 223 as it works up the grade at Parkers Lake, KY on the evening of 10/09/10. (Look for a trip report on this one very soon.)

Second photo: NS 283 charging uphill at Keno, KY on 11/01/08.
Caleb M. Herndon, KK4CDT
Frankfort, KY
http://www.cmherndon.com

"The human mind is like a railroad freight car; guaranteed to have a certain capacity, but often running empty."

Matt L

Here is the first of my two entries- an eastbound mixed freight (probably 13T but not sure) heading east at Linden, NY. This route is the former Erie/EL Buffalo Extension, now part of the NS Southern Tier Mainline. The fall colors were really starting to pop when I took this photo on Saturday 10/9/2010.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

My second entry is NS 310 passing through Silver Springs, NY just a couple days ago. The train has just dropped off a few cars for the Rochester & Southern (ex-B&O/BR&P) and is resuming its eastward journey on the Southern Tier Mainline (ex-Erie/EL) again. I took the photo on Sunday 10/17- the 50th anniversary of the Erie Lackawanna merger!

BTW, I've fallen behind in sharing trip reports... but I should be able to catch up this weekend.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Whitethorne

First photo: NS 23G Radford,VA
Second photo: 37Q Radford,VA
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

JCagle

The poll is up and voting will be Live until the night of the 30th!

JCagle

Congrats to Samuel Phillips for his 37Q shot winning the runoff. It was a close runoff with just a few votes deciding it! We'll get the photo up on the main page and facebook tonight.

Whitethorne

Thanks to everyone who voted for me! Thanks again guys!
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk