Main Menu

August Photo Contest

Started by JCagle, July 03, 2010, 08:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for up to 3 photos for the August contest.

Batman's Citico Junction
9 (47.4%)
MBGPhoto's Tripple Header
5 (26.3%)
EM Bell's 611 in West Virginia
10 (52.6%)
EM Bell's 611 Saluda Mtn
5 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: August 02, 2010, 12:38:38 AM

JCagle

Earlier this week Norfolk Southern announced the return of steam to NS rails. This will mark the first time since 1994 when steam has run on NS rails. In celebration of this announcement the August contest theme is going to be steam engines. Entries of all predicessors of NS are welcome. They may be in museums or in active service.

We will accept entries until the 27th and the poll will be posted late that night. Voting will be active until the 31st.

For the full rules of the contest see the rules thread that is stickied at the top of the contest board.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

mbgphoto79

Another from the 25th Anniversary Runs, Chattanooga, TN. 

Batman

that would be cool if all the entries were of the same train.

JCagle

Don't forget there is just a week and a couple of days to get your entries in for the contest!

NSMoWandS

If it ends up being only two entries... they should both win! I do not have any pictures of NS steam. = (

E.M. Bell

Entry #1 Like a scene from the past, Eastbound 611 passes under the N&W coaling tower at Prichard WV. 1992. Jreb member Kelly Barnett is holding down the left hand seat of the J in this view.

Entry #2 611 tackles the famous Saluda Mountain in NC. Seen here about half way up the grade near Sand Cut. 10/25/93

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

Since we are getting down to the wire and have few entries this month those of you that have more than 1 can enter an additional entry (making it a total of 2 this month). I promise next month's contest will be something wide open for those of you that haven't been able to enter some of the more restrictive contests.

JCagle

The poll is up and will be active until about Midnight Sunday!

JCagle

Polling closed just minutes ago, and EM Bell was the winner by the slightest of margins.  With the limited number of entries this month I am going to include the other 2 in the wall photos gallery on Facebook over the course of the next few days.

JCagle

With one of the entries deleted from the board, I will work the other 2 in on the facebook wall this week.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk