Your Thoughts

Started by Michael Knight, October 10, 2007, 04:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Knight

This is an image that I like. It was taken in September 2006. This is obviously a telephoto shot; the focal length was 210mm. Unfortunately, the lighting isn't the best. The area to the middle right of the train is now lined with new, luxury apartments. The furthest buildings in the distance are just over two miles away. The end of the double track main can be seen, as well as the signals protecting the diamond crossing of CSX's KD Subdivision.
The train, 202, was short lived through here; it hasn't run for quite some time.
I guess I like this shot because so many elements are contained within it.

Feel free to add your comments and even download and work the image on Photoshop for reposting here in this thread. It would be nice to see how this image can be improved.

scooter3798

I just did a quick reworking in photoshop of it basically just messing around for five minutes. I cropped it down a little bit as I thought that the sky was a little dominating in the picture and then just did a few quick, mind you very quick, adjustments to the color and the brightness of it. Just my take on it.

Scooter

Tristan Garrett

I'm too tired to rework it at the moment, but one suggestion is to lose 50-70 pixels off of the top. The power seems to be the slightest bit tilted anticlockwise, but I know that's a result of the angle and therefore natural.

TG

Michael Knight

Thanks for the re-working and suggestions. Photoshop seems to be a powerful tool. I do not have Photosho; I use an Arc Soft program. I recently began using Nikon's Picture Project program as well. I find some of the effects the Picture Project produces are quite helpful. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk