Jreb folks hard at work this past week

Started by E.M. Bell, July 09, 2012, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

As many know, no one is safe around my camera..at least if I know you.. Here are a few Jreb members hard at work after steam and heritage this past week in Roanoke and Spencer.. If anyone has any to add, feel free!

Carmon give Steve Smedley a peck on the cheek at Spencer..every time I turned around, someone was huggin and smoochin on her...or vice versa :)

John Owens (left) and Samuel Phillips (Far right) waiting for NS 958 at Wahbun Virginia Saturday 07/07/12

The ever elusive "srman" strikes the thinkers pose near Salem Virginia 07/07/12

Hank Dralle (Hdralle) and son on top of a parking garage in Roanoke waiting on the 630 06/30/12

John Owens, seemingly overcome by the sight of a EMD wearing a tux...Bristol VA 07/07/12

A motley crew at Montgomery VA during the 630 chase on 06/30/12..and yea, it was as hot as we look..
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Ponce de Leon

Quote from: E.M. Bell on July 09, 2012, 09:00:47 PM

Carmon give Steve Smedley a peck on the cheek at Spencer..every time I turned around, someone was huggin and smoochin on her...or vice versa :)

Smedley is harmless. I suspect Carmon gave him a kiss out of pity... :)

RF
Ron Flanary

E.M. Bell

Here are a few more candid shots from the 630 trip on Saturday 07/14/12 and maybe a couple of others..  No one is safe!

Butch goes to great lengths to get the angle just right at the "Government Farm" near Rockford TN

Kevin Gilliam gets his shot at Rockford...doubt you even saw me take this one!

Butch, the "Great White Tunnel Hunter" well out of his natural habitat...downtown Knoxville ready for a shot of 630 crossing the river.

Evan (CSX6900) and Kevin shooting video as the train crosses the river...cant wait to see what you came up with guys!

Peyton, Butch and Jacob near Rockford Saturday afternoon

Carmon and a couple of other folks go for an artsy-farsty going away shot near Montgomery VA on 07/01..the angle didnt help much though, still looked like diesels..

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

MotoLinz

I wonder how many of y'all I saw without knowing it. My kids and I were on the Saturday 9AM, then we tooled around a bit on its final return that day and its way out on Sunday (over the bridge, Rogers, and then King Cotton). I get the biggest kick out of watching everyone run back to their cars and tear out. Let me tell 'ya...you haven't chased a train until you've dealt with two kids in five point harness car seats.

PS - E, we spotted you at your car on Saturday afternoon and were going to say hi, but had two cranky, hungry, tired kids to get back to Farragut. I took a picture of you, but it didn't turn out well.

E.M. Bell

Dont feel bad..I have never seen a picture of me that did!  Thats why I just take pictures of other people..it distracts them from doing the same to me. 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

csx6900

Quote from: E.M. Bell on July 16, 2012, 09:31:57 PM
Evan (CSX6900) and Kevin shooting video as the train crosses the river...cant wait to see what you came up with guys!

Believe it or not, my camera ran out of space right about the time you took that shot.  I was probably mumbling unspeakable words about the time the shutter clicked, lol.  I'll see what I got though.  Excellent pics, Emmett!

-Evan
Owner and Administrator of RailSightings.com

butch

Discussing the finer points of RR photography.
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

etalcos

Quote from: butch on July 17, 2012, 09:12:18 PM
Discussing the finer points of RR photography.

I'm thinking two "old timers" telling the "kid" about the "heritage" unit rolling by?   ;D ;D ;D

....back in my day these were "mainline" power.  With those little 40" wheels we could only do.... 

Running for cover now.......

E.M. Bell

Well..that's a milestone right there. The first time I have ever been called a "oldtimer", and I haven't even gotten my AARP card yet... :)
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

John Owens

Attached are a few pictures from this past weekend's trip to Knoxville for the 630 excursions.

Image 1: E.M. Bell gets his shots of 630 near Rockford on the final trip of the day's return to Knoxville.

Images 2 & 3: Butch Adkins and E.M. on the riverfront at South Knoxville as the diesels pull the excursion across the Tennessee River. Just for the record... I never could tell if Mr. Bell was more interested in 630 on the south end or the diesels on the north end. :-)

John

GP30Rider

As long as he gets good pictures of the Southern Coach....

butch

630 was the star of the day, but he worked just as hard to get shots of the diesels. 
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

etalcos

Quote from: E.M. Bell on July 18, 2012, 10:31:50 PM
Well..that's a milestone right there. The first time I have ever been called a "oldtimer", and I haven't even gotten my AARP card yet... :)

Well big guy, sadly, if you can remember when an SD-40-2 was road power in a tux, not a switcher in grime, you're probably an old timer :(   

E.M. Bell

Well Crap....

Quote from: etalcos on July 19, 2012, 10:49:22 PM
Well big guy, sadly, if you can remember when an SD-40-2 was road power in a tux, not a switcher in grime, you're probably an old timer :(   
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

NSMoWandS

blacksheep

when you get to be an old timer crap is and important part of life.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk