2 (16.7%)
Tq-07fan's Derby Train
1 (8.3%)
Tq-07fan's Salem Virginia
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: November 01, 2009, 11:02:29 PM

JCagle

The theme for the November 2009 contest is the a moonlit night. It can be from any time of the year, but show off some of your best night shots.

Entries will be accepted until the 27th, and we will begin voting on the 28th.

Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

And as always the rules.....

All images entered in the contest must be your own images. Any violations of this will be banned from entering the contest for 6 months. Any subsequent violations will receive a minimum of 1 year suspension from the contest. At Jreb we take seriously the rights of photographers, and we strive to protect those rights.

Entries may be watermarked with your name if you desire, but please remove any references to other sites for contest entries.

There will be a theme announced for each month's contest.

All entries must be Norfolk Southern or it's predecessors.

There is no age limit or time frame that the pictures must be from.

Everyone including moderators and administrators may enter the contest.

Each participant is limited to two entries in the contest.

Since the winning image is posted on the main page you must attach the file as a thumbnail. You may post the image in the thread as well if you desire. Attaching the image can be done in the additional options menu above and to the left of the post button.

The deadline for entries will be posted in the theme post each month. Following the deadline a poll is placed in the thread for voting. When the poll is posted the deadline to vote is also posted. The poll will time out at the designated time. The winner is determined by the highest vote total.

In the event of a tie vote the moderator of the contest will cast the tie breaking vote.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

NS145

Nite shots of the 4270/4276 at the Monticello Railway Museum 9/19/2009

1) Nite Roster

2) Nelson's Crossing Depot

I decided to repost these shots even though nobody else has posted anything.  I can't believe that I'm the only one that can pony up some nite shots (pardon the pun).  If you have something please post it.  Part of the fun of these contests is to see other people's collections.

NW: There's No Stopping Us!

JCagle

I have not heard any feedback at all on this theme. A couple of months ago we had a rather restrictive contest, and there wasn't any feedback that the contest was too hard until almost the end of the month.  I have tried to come up with a variety of themes so that it's not the same thing month after month and something that can be taken on any day at any crossing. I am wondering if people just don't shoot at night or what. Usually there are a few people with entries by this point. Is this one just not popular, or is it taking a while to look through the archives for night shots?

If there's something you don't like about the theme for the month let me know by pm or email and I can adjust the topics I come up with to meet the general appeal. I will also gladly take ideas for the theme for each month's contest. Are there any rules people would like to see changed or added? Anything...

Please keep in mind I would like to have some contests that are more basic, and some that are a little more technical or advanced so some of the more advanced members can show some of their advanced stuff as well.  At the same time I want them to be something people enjoy and want to participate in.

tarnett

Perhaps the explanation of the theme is the cause for the lack of entries. As I read it, night shots with lighting courtesy of the moon is the theme. Hence, I and probably most others, do not have any shots that meet this requirement. If the contest is open to night shots with the subject lit by means of artificial light then I'm sure there would be many more entries. Please clarify.

Regards,

Todd Arnett

JCagle

Yes, this month's theme is night shots. I have used other names with contests before like the "Main Street" theme this summer and it seemed to click, so I didn't think this one would be confusing. Sorry for any confusion. Usually if things aren't crystal clear I get a few questions within the first couple days. I didn't get any questions so I thought it was understood. With that being said... Let's see some night shots!

TonytheTiger

Quiet moment under an almost full moon at the Rockville Bridge.
Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA

tarnett

Southern Railway 6133 at the North Carolina Transportation Museum.  Enjoy.

Regards,

Todd Arnett

Whitethorne

Not a very good one but it will do.811 Christiansburg
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

tq-07fan

Picture 1 Derby Train 2008 Edition stopped at NA Tower in Cincinnati Ohio with Proctor and Gamble in back and a southbound getting ready to pass, April 27 2008.

Picture 2 On our way back from MotorBus Convention in Richmond Virginia my dad and I stopped in Salem Virginia and got a meet, the reason for the ditch light streak to not be continuous, October 11 2009.

Jim

JCagle

Be sure to cast your vote in the contest!

JCagle

This month the voting was pretty tight, but Todd Arnett was the winner when voting closed. His winning shot was the Southern 6133 on the turn table at the North Carolina Transportation Museum. Congrats Todd!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk