Vote for the winner of the September Contest

TQ-07 Fan's TQ-07
3 (25%)
Batman's Cannonball Express
9 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: September 05, 2009, 10:19:40 PM

JCagle

This month's contest is going to center around the crew. (make them visible) We are also going to throw in a twist. Your entry can't have the nose of the locomotive in it! Good Luck and happy hunting!

Be sure to check out the updated rules. They are pretty much the same with a couple clarifications. All changes are in bold.

All images entered in the contest must be your own images. Any violations of this will be banned from entering the contest for 6 months. Any subsequent violations will receive a minimum of 1 year suspension from the contest. At Jreb we take seriously the rights of photographers, and we strive to protect those rights.

Entries may be watermarked with your name if you desire, but please remove any references to other sites for contest entries.

There will be a theme announced for each month's contest.

All entries must be Norfolk Southern or it's predecessors.

There is no age limit or time frame that the pictures must be from.

Everyone including moderators and administrators may enter the contest.

Each participant is limited to two entries in the contest.

Since the winning image is posted on the main page you must attach the file as a thumbnail. You may post the image in the thread as well if you desire. Attaching the image can be done in the additional options menu above and to the left of the post button.

The deadline for entries will be posted in the theme post each month. Following the deadline a poll is placed in the thread for voting. When the poll is posted the deadline to vote is also posted. The poll will time out at the designated time. The winner is determined by the highest vote total.

In the event of a tie vote the moderator of the contest will cast the tie breaking vote.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Whitethorne

1st photo:The N&W CPLs at Radford rest on a nice night in June 2009.
second photo:Would this photo count?It has the sides of the locomotives but not the front
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

tq-07fan

1) TQ-07 Shoving Westbound through Ault Park in Cincinnati Ohio in the former N & W Hyde Park Branch, July 28 2009.

JCagle

I forgot to post a closing date for entries. We will close the contest on the 29th and begin voting on the 30th. As for the length of voting I'm open to suggestions. Would you guys prefer a window of several days or more like 5 days or a week? I know everyone can't check in every single day, so I want to do what works for the most.

JCagle

Don't forget to submit your entries for the September contest. The deadline to enter is the 29th!

tq-07fan

I like the idea of five days to vote, just in case I'm on a short trip somewhere.

Jim

Batman

may as well close on the 29th.    dont think this one is going to draw many more entries.

JCagle

We've always closed a couple of days early so we can get the voting started and over before too much of the new month has gone by. I believe we'll try to stick to a 5 day voting period since that has been the only feedback I've had so far. Am I assuming that the theme was not a popular one this month. I'm trying to keep things from getting to the point where it's the same ole same ole every month. I want to keep things interesting, but I also want to keep them popular with a decent amount of entries. Ideas are always welcome for themes. 

NS145

I think you had a good idea with focusing on NS' human element, but the "no loco nose" restriction is the killer.  I have a number of interesting crew shots, but I always tried to work in the train in a photographically pleasing manner as well.  That means some loco nose in most cases.  :-\ 
NW: There's No Stopping Us!

JCagle

I can understand where you are coming from totally. I was going for the idea of not having a ton of pictures where you can see the crew through the windshield. It may have been a little more popular if I had said no head on or 3/4 wedge shots. So many people get in the mindset that they have to take a certain style of shot. I'd like to use the contest to help get people thinking outside the box.

JCagle

Voting is now open for the September contest. As requested the poll has been added to the top of the thread. Voting will be open for 5 days.

Whitethorne

You did not add my photos to the poll..just wanted to let you know
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

JCagle

Sorry I've been away so long guys!  I had some problems develop with my computer the weekend before last, and I just got them all resolved, and my company is not too fond of me using my work computer for personal stuff even on my lunch break.  Does anybody know what happened to our winning entry so I can place it in the gallery?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk