0 (0%)
Rob Kitchen's N&W SD40-2s
0 (0%)
Rob Kitchen's N&W SD9
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: November 30, 2007, 07:25:23 PM

Michael Knight

The contest theme will be anything NS from times during the fall or winter. As always, photos from all years are welcome. We do, however, ask that all photos are of Norfolk Southern or one of its major predecessors.

Just a thought, It is much easier for all (including members on dial-up) to view the images if you upload them as a small thumbnail by clicking "additional options" while posting and upload from there.

Good luck!

Hoydie17

Winter eh?

Let's see what I can scare up.. . .  seeing as winter is my favorite time of year to shoot, I must have something. . . .

1) Lilly, PA - Snow flies in every direction as 23G (I think) meets 88K.

2) Lilly, PA - Seconds after the previous, 88K passes with a brand spankin new Deuce leading a PRB coal train.

3) Ranson, WV - NS 11R Southbound, and she's "takin' a load of pipe" along with a brand spankin new NS 100.

'Tis the season!

Sean
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

alxmoss1992

Well I dont have any snow shots yet. But the way they weather is filling we make get snow soon.  ;D
Alex L. Moss

scooter3798

Well, for some reason myself, NS and snow have never amounted to much of anything, well at least not the last couple of years. So with that I'll stick with a fall shot this time. Here a pair of SD80MAC's, one on the front and this one on the back are hauling local C90 uphill through Lilly, PA on their way to the salt plant on RJ Corman at Cresson, PA.

Scooter

TonytheTiger

The dip created under the Route 422 overpass, in order to clear double stacks, is very evident as NS 11J heads into Lebanon, Pennsylvania, on the old Reading mainline, on February 24, 2007 . . . .

Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA
Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA

tarnett

NS 9533 at Maybuery, WV.

Enjoy.

Todd

CP Alliance

The first is a westbound stack train with leader 2602.

Next, we have an eastbound train with leader 9691. I am not really sure what kind of train it was. I think it was an intermodal.

TonytheTiger

A trio of classic SD-40s lead a westbound train through Iaeger, West Virginia, in November of 1981.  It may not be snowing here, but they sure look like they're ready for it . . . .

Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA
Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA

TonytheTiger

It's October of 1980, and this Norfolk & Western SD-9 has avoided the black paint sprayer by hiding on the old Virginian in Mullens, West Virgina . . . .

Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA
Rob Kitchen
Harrisburg, PA

Michael Knight

All right everyone, if you have any more photos to submit in the contest, please hurry; the voting is about to begin later today.

Michael Knight

The poll is up, now cast your vote! Thanks to all who have participated and good luck!

Michael Knight

We have a winner! Congratulations to Todd Arnett's winning photo. Thanks to all who participated!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk