Introduce Yourself, Round Two!

Started by Forum Admin, January 17, 2007, 07:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Knight

Welcome, Jared and Adam! As always, it's great to have working rails on the forums! :)

cr4100

My name is John Rosh and I'm from Waverly, NY.  I was formerly a NS conductor  in Allentown, PA for a couple of years.  Great job but liked my life a bit more so I did go back to being a heavy equipment operator.  Been a Lehigh Valley/Big Blue fan since childhood and now railfan NS but I do like a bit of variety as well.  Favorite region to railfan is scooter's neck of the woods.  West Slope, South Fork of Pennsylvania.   Live right along the NS Southern Tier Line....

ORVILLE

Hi, I am Orville Ingram, from Tappahannock, Virginia!

pbonzo

Hi my name is Phil Bonzo.  I live about a mile from where the NS goes under the CSX Limeville bridge in Sciotoville Ohio.  I have been an avid model railroader all my life.  I model in O scale and have painted over 100 models for people throughout the country.

Justin Stephenson

Hello , Im Justin Stephenson from southern ontario and a huge fan of Norfolk Southern   have ho scale layout and i have some  loco's , and i love going down to fostoria ohio  to watch NS on the ''Iron Triangle"
Justin Stephenson /// Bad Day Of Railfanning Is Better Then A good Day At Work.

Michael Knight

Justin, welcome! We're glad that you're here and hope that you enjoy the forum! :)

AJnCorrie

My name is A.J.  from Kingston TN.
I'm origianlly form Los Angeles, grew up with the Southern Pacific, Santa Fe and Union Pacific. 
Been out here in TN now 16 years and have come to be a big fan of the NS.
I work for TVA at Watts Bar.  And I like going out and taking pictures of trains.
A.J.
Kingston, TN.

Michael Knight

Glad you're here, AJ!

Is that your hog in your picture?

MrOGDEN

Hello members!
My name is Bradley Ogden, been a NS foamer since the first day of the NS! I live in Grantsville UT, right in between the ex Western Pacific and the UP. the spring of 1998 was wonderful for me, that's when the NS sent alot of the baby boats out west.
I have a few models and books.  But I joined this site so that I can do better. For me its the NS and the MRL.

Bradley

Batman

Batman welcomes all the new cats to the boards !

Khartoum

Hey everyone, I'm Mark Higginbotham from McMinnville Oregon , about 30 miles S.W. of Portland out in the sticks.  Great website, lots of good info.  I said good day sir!!!!!                                                                                                     

otway

hi. my name is doug and i live in goldsboro n.c. about a 1/2 mile from the goldsboro yard. i can see the yard from my window. i montor 160.950 and can pick up csx traffic also. i have atcs but am having a little trouble figureing it all out. i was hopeing if  there was somene local that could help me with this.  thanks   doug

DanHorley

Hi!  I am Dan Horley, and live in Summerfield, NC.  about 10 miles north of Greensboro.  I am 69 yr old, and retired from two jobs, but  still active as a Christmas Tree Farmer here at my house.   Would like to do some railfanning with someone near me.   I need a break from the farm work.  I have a HO layout but it has remained dormant for several years. 

Coal and Coke

Rich Sacha...Cleveland, OH  area near both lines of the Dearborn and  Lake divisions. Car repair (the rubber tire variety) the last 25 years. Before this worked in coal (and coke) and spent time along the Pocahontas division, Buchanan branch. Initially the N&W at the time. Know several guys out of Rockport yard, and like to get over to Bellevue on ocasion. A lot of oportunity for CSX here as well,  especially in Berea where both NS & CSX mains run parallel for several hundred yards. 

44 gevo ac

Hey guy's this 44 gevo ac! I am the 44 gevo I went ahead and registered as 44 gevo ac because I still could'nt login as 44 gevo I have no idea why it would'nt work on my other account. It may be my computor jsut not sure I had to try several time as 44 gevo ac before it would let me in.

JCagle

Quote from: 44 gevo ac on January 15, 2010, 07:52:00 PM
Hey guy's this 44 gevo ac! I am the 44 gevo I went ahead and registered as 44 gevo ac because I still could'nt login as 44 gevo I have no idea why it would'nt work on my other account. It may be my computor jsut not sure I had to try several time as 44 gevo ac before it would let me in.

Sometimes all it takes to get the account going is to empty your cookies and clear the browser history. Did it give you any kind of error message when you tried to log on?
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

SRR3204L

Howdy fellas!!!

I am Dennis from Marmet, West Virginia and Norfolk Southern's WV Secondary is basically right in my back yard. So I tend to go over to the Norfolk Southern side of the Kanawha River every chance I get. Dickinson Yard is about five miles to the south of where I live, so I am usually over there seeing what power is in the yard. Which it has been kinda neat having a couple B32-8s over there switching cars in and out to the local industries.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

maersksealand3329

Howdy My real name is Mike Fair, but my nickname is Renegade.  I live on the CSX toledo sub, but im more of an NS fan.  Been a railfan all my life along with being a modeler.  Currently own 4 NS HO scale locomotives and one NKP 2-8-4 berkshire steam locomotive.  I drive a 2005 Chevrolet Impala named silver bullet, so if you guys see me out there, dont be afraid to tell me who you are.  It helps if I can put names to faces.  If there is anything else you guys want to know, go ahead and ask me. 

Renegade
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!!!!!!!!
Its My Life :-)
www.facebook.com/railfan1
Skype-michael.fair3

watt

Hi my name is walter. I'm in the Danville KY area. Great site.

steveiez

My name is Steve Zingerman from Glenfield P which is on the Ft Wayne Line of N/S near Pittsburgh. I see or hear around 50 trains a day including two Amtrak's.

I am the mayor too, so come on down and take pictures all day if you like!
Steve

JCagle

I may have to take you up on that some time Steve. My girlfriend's family all live in the Stark and Columbiana county areas of Ohio which aren't that far away from you.  I've ventured as close as Beaver County, but never made it that far.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

steveiez

In Glenfield we have at least five vantage points for photo taking and safe too.
Steve

E.M. Bell

A real live elected official...and we had no idea Steve :)  We might have to hit you up to be a moderator and PR person! 

Welcome to all the new folks. I hope you like what you see and use it often...and if you do, spread the word..
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Matt L

I feel kind of mebarrassed because I've been here for over 2 years now and I never bothered to introduce my self. So here it goes...

I was born in Elmira, NY, and lived there till I was & years old. I attended Trinity Episcopal Church, which  was right next to the Erie Lackawanna mainline. That started my love affair with trains. At heart, I'm really an EL fan and a Bath & Hammondsport RR fan. I moved to H'port, NY, when I was 7 and spent the next 15 years watching the B&H Alco S1s (including an ex-NKP unit). I moved to Rochester in 1991... which I is where I live now. Along the way, I also became a fan of the Lehigh Valley, the Delaware & Hudson, the NKP and of course the N&W, plus all the shortlines that sprang up after Chessie and Conrail spun off their branchlines. Speaking of Chessie, I don't mind watching CSX one bit... but I see it so often around here that I seek out other RRs when I take a day off from work to chase. As some of you have seen, I really enjoy checking out NS in Hornell and Buffalo. I spend most of my time in upstate NY and northern PA... so the pictures of NS taken down south or out in the midwest are appreciated. Cheers! 
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

VirginiaSouthern

Like Matt I've been around here for awhile too, but haven't introduced myself.  Of course it didn't help that after my daughter was born in 2008 all things trains fell by the wayside for a little while.  So here goes...

Tommy Warshaw here.  30, active-duty Air Force stationed down at Shaw AFB in the midlands of South Carolina.  After 7 years here I've got a new assignment (finally!) and am heading to Fort Meade just south of Baltimore, MD in April.  I'm originally from the Jersey shore and rural southern Virginia (teen years).  During my teen years I used to fan the Virginia Southern (now the VS Division of the Buckingham Branch RR) in and around my hometown of Keysville as well as the nearby Norfolk Southern Blue Ridge and Altavista districts. Outside of trains I've got  deep interest in firefighting (volunteer for 4 years now) and enjoy photographing fire apparatus about as much as I do trains.

As far as railroad likes.  Obviously I'm an NS fan if I'm here on an NS forum.  Of the Class I railroads it is what I prefer to watch.  That being said, I'm a bit more of a regional and shortline kinda guy preferring them to the usual vanilla widecab GEs seen on most Class Is nowadays.  I will say though that I'll enjoy watching just about any train anywhere.  Sometimes it's more about simply enjoying being outside in the fresh air.  I'm still a big Conrail fan since that's what one saw for NJ freight railroading in the 80s and 90s.  I'm also a big Lehigh Valley fan with blame laid for that on a engineer friend who worked for them in their last few years.

Hoping to start contributing some more NS photos here over the next year or so.  While I'll be trading one CSX heavy region for another, once I get to Maryland I'll be looking for more NS ops, even if I have to travel a little for it.  I'm also looking forward to doing some fanning again of my old stomping grounds around the Blue Ridge and Altavista districts.
Tommy Warshaw
Click here to see my photos on Flickr

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk