2 (40%)
jcagle P41
1 (20%)
cuibel Salt Lake
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: October 13, 2018, 07:40:19 PM

JCagle

Photo contests used to be one of the big things around here, and we would like to bring that back and bring it into play again. We will be discussing how we do them, what the rules will be, and how often we run them in the near future. I would also like to discuss how we determine our themes for the contests, and any other ideas you may have.

To get the ball rolling lets start off with a very basic contest. Many of our members are seasoned veterans with photography, while others may be fairly new. Typically our current rules dictate that the contest be limited to NS trains/ areas only, but for this one I am going to open it up to anything related to railroads/trains. It can be from any time frame, and literally from anywhere.

We all take pictures for the enjoyment of it, and we all have different types of pictures that we like to take. Some shoot roster shots, while others go for scenic vistas, or showing the men behind the machines in action. Over time as your collection grows you find that you develop favorites.

This months theme is "My favorite Railroad Related picture ever"

We will take entries up until midnight on the 30th. Anyone can enter. Here are the rules:

Entries must be attached to the post accompanying it.
This is an open contest for any registered member.
The photo must be taken by you.
We will accept up to two entries per person.
Entry closes on the date indicated. A day or so following closing we will post up a poll all members may participate in.
Each member will be allowed two votes.
The poll will be up and active for 7 days from the time of posting.

The winner will receive praise and admiration from the members of the forums, their winning shot posted in the winners gallery, and on our facebook page. Winners will also receive a photo contest winner badge on their profile.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have and good luck to all!

Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

cuibel

A remaining bridge from the transcontinental railroad in Utah , USA 1869

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

JCagle

Last call for entries. We have just a few days left!

JCagle

This is one of my personal favorites that I have never been able to enter anywhere. The Sunday double header for Railfan weekend at Tweetsie Railroad always provided some good shots. This particular year I got brave and ventured out in the meadow at the base of the trestle to get the Goldenrod in the shot as well.

JCagle

P41 waits to get picked up for 90 day service.

I used to call Kannapolis home, and I lived fairly close to the tracks. One of my favorite things to do at night was to go out and take night shots. At the time we were lucky to have a captive subject tied down in town at night. Usually the local tied down on the house track by the old depot, but I caught wind that P40 was going to pick up the engine and take it North to Linwood for service. I knew I had to go out that night and get the local railroad landmarks in a situation that wasn't the norm.

cuibel

A train crossing the Great Salt Lake desert in Utah, USA

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

JCagle

The poll is up and active for 7 days

JCagle

After a week we are all tied up 3 ways. The poll is open for an additional 5 days

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk