Playing Suckerhole Roulette with Illinois Terminal 1072

Started by E.M. Bell, April 29, 2015, 09:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

I have had extraordinary luck with the NS heritage engines ever since they came out, and have managed to shoot them all leading multiple  time in multiple  locations..for the most part.

Illinois Terminal 1072  was my white whale, and it was not until early this year that I managed to catch it leading, but not in good sun except at the shindig at Spencer. . That trend continued today it would seem. Shortly after I got home from work this evening, I got word the 1072 was leading a 55A empty grain train, so I headed back out and got to the siding at Talmage KY just ahead of the train.  The sun was out (with clouds around) as the train stopped at a red signal, just beyond where I wanted to shoot it.  After about 45 minutes of waiting, they got a light and started to move....about the same time the sun went away.  I got the shot, but it was not what I wanted...of course. 

After 55A met a Eastbound at Talmage, they got back on the move towards Louisville. I had taken up position just West of the siding at a big open field, and the sun was out.....yep.  As the train got close, I watched as it raced another cloud towards me, and they bot got there about the same time.  The train may have won by a hair, but the sweet low light was replaced by filtered haze...oh well. 

Here are my results from Two hours waiting....  you can find these in full resolution at this link.  >>>  http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/nsls15

04/29/15

NS 55A starts down the main at East  Talmage, KY

and heading West at Vanarsdale, KY after meeting a loaded coal train.  Not exactly what I had in mind, but to date, the most light I have had for this One!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk