Pennsylvania 8102 on the CNO&TP

Started by Gage O'Dell, December 22, 2014, 12:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gage O'Dell

On Saturday, PRR 8102 led NS 58A south out of Cincinnati, but unfortunately, it didn't get to Danville until after nightfall. However, luck was on my side and it sat in Burnside until morning. Since I was headed to Knoxville anyway, I decided to take the long way and chase the Pennsy south on the CNO&TP. As I pulled into Burnside to see if it was still stopped in General, it called KD Tower and from there the chase was on. Luckily for me, 58A wasn't going track speed so it allowed me to catch back up at Greenwood. I seemed to have the luck of the Irish yesterday, because I made it to every spot I wanted and more. I even made it through the 35mph town of Oneida ahead of it. In any case, it was a perfect way to start the day before the trip to see some steam in Knoxville.

Below are a few pictures from the PRR chase, if you would like to see more, head on over to my Flickr>>https://www.flickr.com/photos/46459752@N08/

PRR 8102 arrives in Danville Yard roughly 12 hours before it departed Burnside

With a fresh crew, NS 58A pops into the morning sun as it heads down single track at Flat Rock

NS 58A flies around the curve at Strunk, KY as it plays the shadow game with the sun

PRR 8102 prepares to stop at the next signal as it splits the signals at Pemberton

NS 58A highballs through Sunbright, TN on its way to Chattanooga

E.M. Bell

See, good things DO happen when you get out of the dang bed before Noon!! 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

thpbears

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk