Sunday Morning Backup & A “Big Easy” Private Car

Started by NSSpike, September 08, 2014, 08:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSSpike

Turned on the scanner around 8:10am and it wasn't long and the Inman dispatcher advised AMTK 19 that he wouldn't be going west for a while as he had nine trains between Inman and Austell. Adding to the mess, NS 225 (ATLANTA, GA - LOS ANGELES, CA (UP ZAILC) was stopped at Mableton on the #1 main as they had "bad order" cars they had to set out on the storage track. Nine miles out of the yard and you find this out? NS I2N (MEMPHIS, TN - ATLANTA, GA) was in the siding between Cobb and Mableton and NS 334 (SHEFFIELD, AL - MACON, GA) was on the #2 Main from Cobb back to Austell. Both of these crews had about an hour left before going on the law. GA-41 was sent out of the yard to bring NS 298 (MCCALLA, AL - ATLANTA, GA) lawed at Nick-a-jack into the yard. NS 220 (DALLAS, TX (KCS IDAAT)- ATLANTA, GA ) was at Jack Mac. Not sure what their problem was but eventually they proceeded into the local yard. NS 24E (DALLAS, TX (KCS IDAAT2) - ATLANTA, GA) was patiently waiting at Lithia Springs to continue east. NS 898 a south bound coal drag was told to tie down on the runaround track inside Whitaker Yard. NS 285 (KANSAS CITY MO / ATLANTA, GA - JAX, FL (FEC) had completed their set out at Whitaker and were holding on the runaround track just north of Austell Jct. NS 735 was at Bolton waiting to head north. Making matters worse was AMTK 19 as they needed to go somewhere so NS 118 (MACON, GA - LINWOOD, NC) could go north up the Greenville district. I believe they ended up pulling high and shoving back into the station?

By now NS 225, with a long train, is still busy setting out bad order cars at Mableton, NS I2N is cleared to head south and told to tie down their train down at Jack Mac and the taxi with NS 334's crew will pick them up. "That won't work as there will be 5 of us as we have a cub" reported I2N. By now NS 24E is out of hours sitting at Lithia Springs waiting for a relief crew. It was not a good morning for the Georgia Division to say the least. By 10:15 or so NS 225 with UP 4468 leading was ready to head west and not long after AMTK 19 with # 46 & #44 for power followed with a private car, New York Central on the rear. AMTK was heard telling the crew of 24E it was a "Big Easy" private car.

NS 735 empty Scherer coal drag on the #1 main line with BNSF 6289 & 5653 in the lead with DPU's 9831 & 8873

NS 898 with four UP motors tied down at Whitaker Yard. UP 6542, 7029, 9372 & CNW 9696. A shame that the CNW unit wasn't leading this train  I heard it on the scanner finally head south around 7:30 Sunday evening

NS 285 with the NS8895 & NS9791 heading south on the run around track just past the south bound Austell Signals

And a few photos from action earlier in the week around Austell & Douglasville Georgia
NS 220 (DALLAS, TX (KCS IDAAT)- ATLANTA, GA) with KCS 4001 leads two NS units off the Alabama East End to the #1 main in Austell.

NS 215 (CHICAGO, IL (LANDERS) - ATLANTA, GA) with UP 5065 heads south off the runaround to the #1 main in Austell Georgia

NS I20 extra 220 (DALLAS, TX (KCS IDAAT)- ATLANTA, GA) with KCS 4030 & 4022 rolls east into Douglasville just past the MP659.9 Note the KCS logo on the nose of this unit. Looks to have been Tag'ed?

NS 153 (LINWOOD, NC - BIRMINGHAM, AL) with BNSF EXC unit 9815 holding the siding at Winston Georgia for Amtrak 20. This train as a rule runs in the evenings around 8 – 9 o'clock and is difficult to photo west bound with the sun setting much earlier now.

NSSpike
CDDX
MP680.6

Ed Fury

That's a nice variety of power you got there. All the major railroads worth shooting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk