Main Menu

GP59E on hold

Started by Badhorse79, March 31, 2013, 11:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Cabs done and can be removed a few more sanding and filling spots ! The rest is waiting on parts,  miss the day when I could just head to the hobby shop and get what I need instead of waiting 5-6 days and $5-$10 shipping could be gas money!!!

Badhorse79

New filter hatch fan thing is on

NSMoWandS

BH, I attached a pic of an old EMD cab. The side windows are larger and go down a little further than the ADM cab. Also, the cab roof is a more sharp angle. The numbers are centered (not up some). This seems to give the impression that the ADM cab is bigger... but, I think it's an illusion. Also, the ADM cab slightly goes down further onto the frame (maybe an inch or two) to me. I was using the photo you linked me to compare. Take a look yourself and tell me what you think. Dan

Badhorse79

I think your right dan the drawing has the cab at 87.75 inches long but 81 inches tall just a smidge bigger than the regular cabs!  So back to the drawing board. Thanks for the help!  It got all kinds a crazy for me after the real drawings dropped ! I should leave this stuff to the professionals

Badhorse79

The doors on the boxes are taller don't know why!  And I never noticed the original cabs over hung the longer battery box? So that confused me to I suppose (thinking the cab was longer)

NSMoWandS

Good deal! And nothing wrong with going back to the drawing board... now, that I am on some downtime... I am going to redo some of one of my industries... will post a thread about it soon. Dan

NSMoWandS

Quote from: Badhorse79 on April 11, 2013, 10:42:50 PM
The doors on the boxes are taller don't know why!  And I never noticed the original cabs over hung the longer battery box? So that confused me to I suppose (thinking the cab was longer)

It might have something to do with under floor A/C. Dan

Badhorse79

trudging along on the 59 E added steps and the traction motor cable thing and the rear pilot after its dive bomb mission !!! I decided to keep the cab since its only off by a matter of inches tons left to do ..... TONS

NSMoWandS

Nice BH! I have an old Athearn U33B and a Railpower C30-7 shell... someday I plan on taking them and making a B30-7(even have a set of FB-2 athearn sideframes)... someday... Dan

Badhorse79

Does CSX still have 30-7s ? I seen a pic of 5539 yellow nose and stealth body thought that was cool

NSMoWandS

Now... no, at least not active. But, in 2005 (my layout time era) they still had a couple B30-7, B36-7, and B36-7 that were turned into Remote Control Platforms. I was thinking of making it an ex-SP bloody nose unit that has been bought by a lease company. That way when teh NYC S12 is down for repairs... I could use the B30-7 to switch B&B Industries. Dan

Badhorse79

That's a good ideer ! Forgot the gevos took their numbers

Badhorse79

starting to look like a loco ... to bad it aint a 59E !!! :-\

NSMoWandS

Quote from: Badhorse79 on April 20, 2013, 10:09:18 PM
starting to look like a loco ... to bad it aint a 59E !!! :-\
?- I thought it was a GP59E? Dan

Badhorse79

I feel like i should of built a GP59 first then tried the "E" plus the lack of info , dimensions , and pics (until lately)!  I was to quick at the draw but with an unloaded gun !!! Still ain't giving up though I still have a lot of things to go hopefully it'll all pan out

NSMoWandS

I feel that way sometimes too... however, once a coat of paint gets applied and things start coming together... my mind usually changes. Dan

Badhorse79

Now that I can read a ruler..... I'll be AOK

Badhorse79

Finally !!! I have a system that works ... Sits square and fits to a tee now the get the rest built and move on

Badhorse79

NSMoWandS

Looks good! Where did you get the engine doors/battery box doors? Dan

Badhorse79

Those are cannons I cut n trimmed em ! Dunno why I never thought to do that before !!!

NSMoWandS

Considering you just learned how to use a ruler... LOL! Dan

Badhorse79

Ladderpipe

Badhorse, even if your measurements were slightly off, it's still a million times better than anything I can do. If I was scratch building from styrene, I'm pretty sure you wouldnt be able to tell it was supposed to resemble a cab!!!

Badhorse79

Thanks LP ! I'm sure if ya put your heart in to it you'd be surprised , and a poop load of patiences ! Seeing some of the stuff you've done , you'd be alright !!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk