Camp car ages

Started by Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR, August 16, 2012, 03:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

Found this old beauty in my hometown off the beaten path, it is a recycling center office now but a closer look will reveal its N&W heritage, is there a way to determine the age of this old equipment like this? Its been here awhile I'm told, a fellow jreb'er would hang out around here in his younger days looking for girls and bee......Bibles.
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

blacksheep

that looks like a builders plate there by the hitch. it might have a date on it. may or may not be the only frame that's been under it though. if there's a toilet in it look in the tank, lots of them have a date on the side. ofcourse it might not be the first toilet.

NSMoWandS

I doubt there is a toilet in it. Only the newer rebuilt ones have toilets... port-a-johns for the rest! The ex-CR cars were all built in 1971.(I believe they were built originally for Amtrak) From what I can tell... I would guess this one was built somewhere in the late 60's to mid 70's. But, that is just a guess. Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk