Dream layout Modeling the cno&tp

Started by Badhorse79, February 21, 2012, 06:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

My dad said the same thing Ron!  You youngins and your damn Gevo's!  Lol that would be kinda neat especially doing the time tables and having way bills car cards n stuff to involve the operators and, also you could have a wide age group and I like honestly having some seasoned personalities around ! The stories are very interesting and insiteful probably why I think my father has been my best friend growing up and still today.... oh yeah back in track!  I wouldn't mind heading over to Tony Koestler s and running some NKP?  That is railroading

Ponce de Leon

Yep, it was in another world back then. If you operated a railroad like that, you would have to learn timetable and train order rules, since it woudn't be "traffic light" CTC Signals. You would have to understand rights of trains from top to bottom from the rule book. Yes, you would need a lot of paperwork as well---waybills and consist reports. And no train to train or train to dispatcher communications either. You would have to rely on hand signals, and stop at a line-side phone booth if you needed to talk to the DS.

Of course all things are relative, and there's no way you would actually want to operate a railroad today under those conditions. That's why we have progress through new technology. Still, it's fun to think about how those guys managed to move tonnage and people through the mountains back then. It does give one pause to respect what they accomplished.
Ron Flanary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk