Waverly Ohio and 611

Started by Badhorse79, July 08, 2011, 07:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

One wild week while I was on summer break  in 94' Me and Ken Hanks headed for kenova and the surrounding areas ! While out n about walking the CSX main that parallels the NS mainline in waverly we get approached by three fellas ( at first Ken was sceptible )they were kinda being rowdy before coming up to us ! but they asked if we were there to watch 611 come back thru to columbus ??? This whole time we were out never crossed our minds to check the schedule and sure enough ( Columbus to Portsmouth ) so we hung out in waverly the rest of the day picking spots to stand and get a good view Hanks and I decided to stand atop the signal box across from the lil wye area ! One guy climbed the signal looking east ! The other two took post in the signals guarding the wye ( the truck they sent out before the train didn't say anything just said it was half-hour out ) it was getting a lot dark and you hear the whistle and she comes pounding thru !!! Watching that train round that sharp curve and all the cars stretched out n lot up was picture perfect ( oh yeah there's no film in my lil camera ) but I'll never forget that sight n sound that day as I would never see 611 again after that 
Thanks Ken for the experience!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk