What is wrong with these people (walthers)

Started by Badhorse79, February 11, 2012, 02:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

I was looking at the walthers flyer and noticed a very nice coil car
http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?quick=932-42155 "$42.00 what the hell man that's insane what as become of this hobby my gibson les Paul has hardware cheaper than this man im really floored by this

thpbears

I have noticed in the flyer that on one page a product is one price and on another page the same thing is a differant price. However in their defense they do have alot of items to keep up with. I usrally buy all my stuff on ebay since it is so much cheaper. Plus my secret weapon ??????? HHMMMMM a man that lives down the road that goes to estate auctions and sells stuff so cheap I feel guilty for buying it. Of course I have let some others on here know about my secret. And Yes they text me while at work and say Hey Bob just got some nice stuff in. To bad you are at work. That right fireball. LMAO Just kidding with you. Cya at the Ashville show I guess.

Backyard

8) For NV3 Auran Trainz Simulator, you can get these for free...with auto random running numbers...

...the NS ES40DC or SD80MAC for $10...
Backyard/Allen

NSMoWandS

That's what happens when it is made in China and fuel prices go up. You pay more. Try Accurail. Made in the USA.

Badhorse79

Oh I know!  Before I remember getting my allowance ($20) a week and shoot to the local hobby shop (just witch is gone now ) and id get 2 or 3 car KITS and detail parts and still have change to buy a soda out of the machine!  It erks me to see this and maybe I should just build my own damn cars, heck if I can build a Gevo and closely get it right I can build a bowcar

NSMoWandS

Agree 100% Badhorse... was in Ashland, VA at the train store... hmm... 26 dollars for a RTR car from China... or 12 dollars for the RF&P Boxcar from Accurail that had to be built. I enjoy building as much... maybe even a little more... than running... maybe that is why I keep tearing up sections on my layout and re-building them... At this rate... I will never be done... and that doesn't bother me! HAHA! Hobby shop near me had a bunch of old roundhouse, walthers, athearn kits (ALL USA MADE) Bought every one that would fit timeline wise for my layout... I now have about 18 kits to build... and I think...no...yes...no...yes... yes...no............ yup... just tore out another section of track... Dam**it!

thpbears

I have been in this hobby about 10 years now and have seen the small hobby stores shut down by the market stores. Now they are all that is left and their prices are insane.If it keeps this up the hobby will be but a memory.

fireball451

I been in the hobby for 34 years
I remember buying Athearn and MDC kits for $3-4.
Now the same car is ready to run for $28+..
Means nothing to me to buy a car or engine and just throw it on the track without putting any effort in to it.
I will buy Bowser kits or any other kit all day long if I can, especially undecorated ones.
I like adding my own details too.
thpbears... as I recall, I left you plenty of deals.
Can't help it if I actually got there first for once when he had new items!

thpbears

I give you credit you did get there first for once. By the way the Erwin show is in Sept or Oct this year I hear from one of the armory guys. We finally have a show within a hour drive.

fireball451

And Ive always said sheesh... if I'm paying this much for HO scale, I hate to see what the other scale guys are paying!

thpbears

By the way I found a fairly cheap supplier of HO vehicles. ( any you want ) at truckstopmodels.com there may be a cheaper place to get ho cars semis and such but this is the best I have found so far.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk