1 (4.5%)
JB Cagle's  2601
2 (9.1%)
JB Cagle's NW 620
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: July 31, 2008, 12:16:00 PM

Michael Knight

The theme this month is NS, Southern, or N&W high-hood geeps. ! No more than two entires per person, please. Let's see your pictures! Good luck!

If you have any questions, please contact me via a p.m.

Whitethorne

V60 Salem VA
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

Willie6622

Geep 50 crossing Captina Creek

GAandFLA-RR

5179 and 5192 await their next assignment in the early morning hours at Savannah, and a "CAT" is back home after a stint with Caliber Auto Transfer of  Ohio.  Note the whiskers on the long hood nose and the repainted bell.
Jared

NS car inspector
Long live the G&F
LONG HOOD FORWARD FOREVER

GAandFLA-RR

Quote from: TB4JY on July 18, 2008, 06:42:50 AM
Quote from: nsboxcar on July 15, 2008, 09:22:44 PM
high-hood geeps.

Geeps! ;)

Dang it all!  Correction made. 

Thank you Mr. Geep exploder...... :D
Jared

NS car inspector
Long live the G&F
LONG HOOD FORWARD FOREVER

CAGY 2777

Well, I'm new here but thought I would send a couple. High hoods have always been and remain a fave of mine. I don't see them as much down here on the AGS as much but occasionally they will make an appearance. Here's one of the 7039 at Tuscaloosa, Alabama and the other is of the 5189 at Tuscaloosa as well back about a year ago.
Proud hater of RailPrics.net & their over inflated ego.

Full Service

There are some fine photos this month as usual, but the theme is "Geeps".   Doesn't that still refer to a 4 axle EMD motor (besides SW's)?  I am seeing some 6 axles and was just wondering. 
WB

Michael Knight

Even though I posted the theme as being "geeps," several members have submitted six-axle photos as well. Since I'm a nice guy, I'm allowing the entries; however, a next month's theme will include a reminder to stay within the theme.

So, six-axle units are fair game too this month, along with the four-axle, true geeps.

TB4JY

Quote from: nsboxcar on July 23, 2008, 08:21:19 PM
Even though I posted the theme as being "geeps," several members have submitted six-axle photos as well. Since I'm a nice guy, I'm allowing the entries; however, a next month's theme will include a reminder to stay within the theme.

So, six-axle units are fair game too this month, along with the four-axle, true geeps.

You are too nice.  Now I got to re-think my vote.

Batman

some classic green & gold.

CAGY 2777

Aigh fooey! I see it said "Geeps" now  :o I was half asleep when I sent those that I did yesterday morning. I'll ditch the one of the 3212 in fairness. Nothing like starting your first post out with a flub bub  ::)
Proud hater of RailPrics.net & their over inflated ego.

Michael Knight

The contest will close soon for voting, so please get those last minute entries in! Good luck!

tarnett

NS GP38-2, r/n 5226 is part of a consist during a foggy morning at Portsmouth, Ohio.  Enjoy.

Todd

Hoydie17

Here's a high-hood GP50 at Tateville, KY switching out an industry.
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

JCagle

Here are my two for the month. Glad I could sneak it in at the last min because my archives were on another machine here at home!

In the first one Southern 2601 awaits an outing at the North Carolina Transportation Museum while some youngsters await the conductor's call to board.

The second picture has N&W 620 making a pass by the mail pole (which failed while they were en route) to demonstrate the function of the RPO Car, and the mail pole.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Michael Knight

Let the voting begin! Good luck and thanks for participating!

Michael Knight

Congratulations to Willie Brown for his winning shot of NS 7037! Thanks to all of you that voted and participated!

Beginning with this month's photo, each monthly winner will be placed in a new thread that will feature winning photos only.

Happy shooting for next month's contest!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk