7 (22.6%)
Sabrestrainfan Intermodal
2 (6.5%)
Sabrestrainfan Manifest
3 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: February 04, 2011, 11:40:33 PM

JCagle

With all the snow flying around lately I thought it would be a good time to have our winter/snow shot contest. As long as it is NS and it's a winter/ snow shot it's fair game!

We'll take entries until we post the poll on the 28th

And as always.... the rules

All images entered in the contest must be your own images. Any violations of this will be banned from entering the contest for 6 months. Any subsequent violations will receive a minimum of 1 year suspension from the contest. At Jreb we take seriously the rights of photographers, and we strive to protect those rights.

Entries may be watermarked with your name if you desire, but please remove any references to other sites for contest entries.

There will be a theme announced for each month's contest.

All entries must be Norfolk Southern or it's predecessors.

There is no age limit or time frame that the pictures must be from.

Everyone including moderators and administrators may enter the contest.

Each participant is limited to two entries in the contest.

Since the winning image is posted on the main page you must attach the file as a thumbnail. You may post the image in the thread as well if you desire. Attaching the image can be done in the additional options menu above and to the left of the post button.

The deadline for entries will be posted in the theme post each month. Following the deadline a poll is placed in the thread for voting. When the poll is posted the deadline to vote is also posted. The poll will time out at the designated time. The winner is determined by the highest vote total.

In the event of a tie vote there will be a 48 hour run off.

If you have any questions or concerns contact jbcagle7073 via the private messaging feature, or via email at
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

JET

Photo 1 - Hoar frost and sunshine at Clymers, IN this past December. Train is NS 1IT, an extra section of 21T.

Photo 2 - NS 20T eastbound just east of Rockfield, IN this month.

NS2593

Photo 1 - NS 22A in the middle of a snow shower at Bristol on 1/11/11.

Photo 2- NS 22A passing V19 as a light snow falls at Bristol on 1/12/11.

srman

Southern GP50 7003 leads coal empties west for a refill as it sports green flags,class lights and a radio car tucked in behind passing Buechel Ky. MP 283 on the Louisville District on January 19,1986
With SD60 6688 leading and a Dash 9 on the rear pushing NS 67M charges up the 2.8% grade of Duncan
Hill in New Albany In. on February 10,2010.

Whitethorne

First photo: NS 22A Rural Retreat, VA
Second photo: NS 22A Marion, VA
Samuel Phillips
My photos: www.pbase.com/whitethorne
My videos: www.youtube.com/NS7500

crazytiger

Here we have a Plow Extra on the NS Greenville District, as it was running through Clemson, SC. We had 5 inches on the ground and snow still falling. The engines were NS 8984 and NS 8974. I'm not sure about the train number because it wasn't a regular one and I couldn't understand the girl who called it.

Taken last Monday.

Matt L

Here's a westbound unit train of empty hoppers in the Canisteo River valley a couple years ago. This route is the Southern Tier Mainline (ex-Erie/EL).

Photo taken by me Saturday 12/27/2008 in Rathbone, NY. This day was a nice thaw- easy for chasing!
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

What year is it? I loved taking this shot because it could've been a scene from the latter days of Conrail. In reality, it was nearly 10 years after the Conrail split... and my 40th birthday at that! This particular train was H12, heading back to Elmira on the Southern Tier Mainline after switching the old Lehigh Valley yard in Sayre.

Photo taken by me Friday 1/30/2009 in Wellsburg, NY.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

cadilacmuzik

Photo 1:  NS P34 in Swannanoa near MM132.
Photo 2:  NS P34 in Black Mountain near MM 124.

Sabrestrainfan

1st Pic.: A NS Intermodal with BNSF power approaches CP DRAW as a NS Local with HLCX & NS power waits for it to pass in Buffalo, NY on 1/13/11.

2nd Pic.: A NS Local Manifest sits tied down in Buffalo, NY with 2 ex-Conrail units still in Conrail paint on 1/25/11.

JCagle

The poll is up and active for voting for 5 days. Good luck to all that entered!

crazytiger

JCagle

Anyone else having a problem? It doesn't appear to be a widespread problem, but I want to make sure.

BuffaloRailfan30

No but it doesn't show the results

JCagle

The results do not show until the poll expires.

Matt L

JCagle

This month's contest ended in a tie. We'll have a 3 day runoff posted in an additional thread.

JCagle

It was another tight contest this month. Congrats to Crazytiger and his plow extra shot. We'll get the picture in the album on facebook as well as on the page shortly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk