Some Southern from around Louisville

Started by srman, February 02, 2013, 03:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srman

Well I might as well get on this bandwagon too. Here are three images from 1985 around Louisville Ky.
An eastbound lead by Southern SD45 3114 departs Tucker after meeting a westbound August 13,1985.
GP38-2 5020 sits in the house track by the Buechel Depot at MP 283 August 18,1985 and yes that was my 1974 Maverick.
Over on the Indiana side an eastbound coal train with a caboose has run through the cut at Depauw
taken on October 6,1985. Today the area is covered with many more trees.

srman

Here's three more. Southern GP40X 7001 is at that time they called it a slave unit on a westbound at
Buechel Ky. October 1986.
Southern SD45 3113 has lead 117 south into Danville Ky. as it waits for a new crew shortly before the NS
would retire it.
Southern GP30 2580 leads 161 east by the Buechel Depot on September 5,1987.

E.M. Bell

Great stuff Joe! I always love seeing Southern stuff close to home.. Feel free to give us an encore or 2 (or 5 or 10!)

Those SD45's where about the best looking EMD I have seen running LHF..those flared radiators just make it one mean looking machine.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Ed Fury

Ed Fury

Hey Joe. Do you have any NS photos from back in the J-Town industrial park? All those places back there had boxcar loading docks and tracks that ran right next to the buildings. I've tried to search the internet but there is nothing. I'm sure that place used to have a lot of activity.

srman

Sorry Ed however I have nothing from back in there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk