CB&CR China?

Started by robm2716, November 14, 2012, 08:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robm2716

Ran across this on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLD-Cincinnati-Burnside-Cumberland-River-Railroad-China-Dish-Butter-Pat-/140686172063

Hmmm....was this really used for enjoying "dinner in the diner" on the Cincinnati, Burnside, and Cumberland River's 1.35 miles of mainline?  I think they may have the wrong CBCR.  What say all of you?

Rob Minton

E.M. Bell

If "our" CB&BR had a diner, the folks on it must have been some mighty quick eaters!

I guess anything is possible, but this is highly unlikely.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

butch

It's been listed several times over the last few years, but I've never been able to find the old logo, much determine if they needed china for the long trip down to the river.  Of course if they had to change crews at the switchback and had an early version of Otto, they might have needed it...
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

robm2716

Good point, Butch. I've been studying the CB&CR as well as the affiliated steamboat lines, first the Burnside and Burkesville and later the Cumberland Transportation Co. I would expect the china used on these packet boats to sport the heralds and initials of one of these companies or the other, or more likely, just the boat name.

Rob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk