Awesome Morning (NS8105 on the Reading Line)

Started by dschlegel, August 20, 2014, 10:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dschlegel

Last night I read on HU that the Interstate Heritage unit was leading 10N and through Cresson, PA around 9 or so. I figured normal running time from Cresson to my neck of the woods is roughly 8-10 hours (I've seen the same train over breakfast at the Station Inn and 8 hours later after railfanning the ride home to Topton, PA).
I wasn't too optimistic that I'd catch it as I was on my own this morning getting my almost 5 year old out of the house and off to daycare.
Anyway, I got up around 5:30 or so, got a cup of coffee, and tuned in the NS East feed on RR Radio. Low and behold one of the first transmissions I heard was 10N calling Prescott, which is out on the east end of Lebanon, PA.
To make a long story short I got my daughter up, dressed, fed, to daycare in Fogelsville, and made it to Macungie, PA with about 5 minutes to spare. She was absolutely perfect for me this morning and I thanked her for that.
Here's a shot of the dismal looking sunrise looking down my street in Topton, PA at about 6:45, and a shot at about 7:35 of the much better conditions at Macungie.

dschlegel

And the star of the show this morning of course was the NS8105. Here's my three shots at Macungie, PA. at 7:40 in the AM.
Thanks for looking!
PA Dan

NSMoWandS

Nice! I take it that those are CP Units behind it? Very Colorful! DE Dan

leroy

Thanks for doin all the running and posting shots of one of my favorite heritage units...
I'm a big Interstate fan....

Thanks again...
leroy
leroy

dschlegel

Glad you guys like the shots! DE Dan, those CP units were so dirty that from a distance they looked like NS Black!

On a side note, my pop told me this set of power did the H68 Allentown to Reading transfer run today. I'm taking tomorrow afternoon off and am hopeful it'll be on that train again.
Have a great night!
PA Dan

Matt L

Nice shots! Looks like you had good weather, which has been rare in the Northeast this summer.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk