NS to be featured on the History Channel

Started by JCagle, November 05, 2008, 11:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCagle

Next Tuesday (November 11) night at 10 the History Channel will air Extreme Trains: Coal Train. The show will highlight NS hauling coal from the mine to the power plant with and will discuss the importance of railroads to America today. I've got my DVR set to catch it and thought you may want to do the same.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Backyard

8) How about that?  A show sponsored by CSX will feature NS- a direct competitor!
Backyard/Allen

JCagle

Maybe the "Lonely Gallon" will make an appearance during the show as well.

Justin Stephenson

Justin Stephenson /// Bad Day Of Railfanning Is Better Then A good Day At Work.

ThoroughBreed

Tonight on the History Channel, is an episode called "Extreme Trains". Make sure you catch it! Tonight is the "coal train" episode at 10 pm est, In case you miss it at 10 pm EST, it also repeats at 2 am EST. So if you have a dvdrw/vcr/tivo, you can set it up and catch it on the replay.
http://www.history.com/minisites/extreme-trains
TB8)

Justin Stephenson

Justin Stephenson /// Bad Day Of Railfanning Is Better Then A good Day At Work.

JCagle

This is the first part of a new Mini-series they will be coming out with in weeks to come. They seem like they are picking up a good bit of rail related stuff recently. Last night they showed a thing on the EMD factory.

E.M. Bell

uh..wow...for the most part, this show is sucking even worse than I had envisioned.  lets see here, Horseshoe curve, extreme extreme, they used to stop trains Fred Flintstone style before the brakeshoe was invented (Westinghouse Who??...that would seem to be the more important thing)...horsehoe curve, extreme extreme, oh, and did he mention horsehoe curve....

somebody get this host feller some Valium and a clue...

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Backyard

8) I give him an "F" on dynamic braking....he did not explain how traction motors are wired as generators for use in db & wants me to believe the power generated is sent to the engine? :o

It was a video masterpiece...with the sound turned down. :D

They really studied the #6733 like the catfish never were invented.

Thanks to the Norfolk Southern Corp. for the 4-unit SD40-2 pushers! ;D
Backyard/Allen

billworsham

There will be an episode every Tuesday night at 10 pm until they run out of train episodes...

JCagle

I thought they got a little foamerish at times, but if you just watched it and didn't listen to the short line conductor it wasn't that bad. I believe they have 7 episodes lined up right now. They should run every Tuesday at 10 for the next 7 weeks or so unless they skip weeks for the holidays.

billworsham

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk