New TD3 sim available, Chatt to Atlanta.

Started by E.M. Bell, June 21, 2008, 06:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Jreb member TB4JY has recently completed a new Train Dispatcher 3 simulation, The GA Div Chattanooga TN to Atlanta GA territory. He has asked us to host the file for him, and it will soon be added to the JREB TD page with all the other NS sims that our members have created.

I had the honor of being a "beta tester" for this sim, and it is one of the most challenging ones I have come across.  That div seems to have as much traffic as the CNO&TP, without all the double track to make meets on.  Add traffic in and out of the intermodal yard at Austell, and a bunch of locals, and you will be pulling your hair out. 

We will have the file up on our TD3 page in the next week or so, but if you would like to try it out, drop me a PM here on the board with your email address and I will send it to you.  Thanks again to TB4JY for allowing JREB to be able to release this sim, its a good one! 

a few screen shots...

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

It looks interesting, but I don't think I'm up for that challenge quite yet. I'm still working on getting everything perfect with the default ones. If I had the time I'd look into getting the Piedmont with the Danville and Charlotte districts on it. There are lots of single to doubles to work meets on, and diverging traffic from lots of other lines and a good bit of local traffic. Oh well, Maybe one day when I hit it big and win the lotto.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

TB4JY

Thanks for the kind words Mr. Bell.  I hope people enjoy the route.   Just to let folks know.....  I've started working on the Atlanta to Macon route.  No promises as to when it will be done though.  Just in case if I go through railroad overload. ;D

Here is a sneak peek.

E.M. Bell

thats looks pretty sweet!  My Beta tester hat is ready when you need it. 

BTW, I have had 17 folks so far ask for the GA North End sim..

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Southern6482

I love Train Dispatcher! I'm using the CNO&TP northend.  I was looking on their website for both the pay and free ones and there are three territories I'd love to see created (in order)--- the first is the Clinchfield/SOUTHERN especially around Speers Ferry where NS and CSX share trackage rights, the second is the Pokey and the third is CSX between L'ville and Nashville :)

SOOO- Maybe the JREB faithful will agree and we can chip in and have TB4JY create it for us :)

TB4JY

Sorry my friend, but I really wouldn't be able to do that.  I wish I could.  But I really have no idea about other territories.  I would need to know the actual layout of the track.  The actual train speeds.  What trains go where.  The list goes on and on. 

I just stick with the territories I work on or have worked on.

Place's I can do or have done......

BNSF Edgemont SD to Alliance NE.  (Haven't started)

BNSF Alliance NE to Ravenna NE.  (Needs schedule updates)

BNSF Alliance NE to Sterling CO/Guernsey WY.  (Needs a little tweaking, but pretty much done)

NS Chattanooga Terminal.  (Haven't started yet)

NS Atlanta to Chattanooga/Cleveland TN.  (Done)

NS Inman Yard (Terminal).  (Haven't started yet)

NS Atlanta to Macon.  (Working on it now)

Backyard

Backyard/Allen

E.M. Bell

Quote from: Backyard on July 04, 2008, 01:04:42 AM
8) Chatt to Atl done?

So...where is it?

PM with email address and it will be yours.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Michael Knight

This is a very realistic and challenging program. You are always on your toes if you play this territory. In fact, I've yet to be able to play it in it's entirety, because the program is such a challenge.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk