CEFX-121

Started by Bill Richardson, March 20, 2015, 09:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Richardson

Yesterday I went to the yard at Danville, KY, and saw some different engines.  The main one was  CEFX-121.  I happened to look south after making photos of other engines, and saw a train approaching.  The lead engine looked dark red or maroon.  That was very different.  I set my camera on "burst" and grabbed three photos as it approached.  That train was "moving on."  It wasn't until this morning that I found out this engine is an SD9043MAC.  That was a big surprise.  I didn't know any lease engines are SD90s.  One guy who posted a photo of this one said it is rare.  I don't know.  I found a lot of photos posted on the internet.  I didn't look a them all, but saw them in the listings.  Some were made at Paducah, and show #121 hooked to a P&L GP40 (or 40-2).  There are several photos made at Paducah.  Anyway, I just barely got this one at Danville.

CEFX-121   

Also, I found a different yard engine, NS-5100, a GP38-2 high hood.  There were several engines parked there.  The 5100 and another one were being used for yard duty.  They change a lot; here one month or two,  gone the next.

NS-5100 

NSSpike

Bill this train with the CEFX 121 looks to be a road railer? Guessing 251? Can you verify that please? Good catch thanks for posting.
NSSpike
CDDX
MP680.6

Bill Richardson

I don't know the train number.  I'm not sure what you mean by "road trailer", unless it has to do with whether that engine was leading or trailing.  The CEFX was leading that train, going north.

Gage O'Dell

Quote from: Bill Richardson on March 21, 2015, 09:24:53 PM
I don't know the train number.  I'm not sure what you mean by "road trailer", unless it has to do with whether that engine was leading or trailing.  The CEFX was leading that train, going north.

He meant RoadRailer.. Or what's called Triple Crown.. And yes it was and it was NS 264

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk