NS Heritage Day @ Spencer, NC 15 July 06

Started by VirginiaSouthern, July 16, 2006, 09:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VirginiaSouthern

Yesterday my friend Greg and I made the trek up to Spencer to check out the going ons.  We were met there by one tweetsiefireman (of this site) who lived not all that far from Spencer.  I won't bore you all too much with details, but instead let the pics speak for themselves.

First, lets get the modern power out of the way. NS SD70M-2 #2776 was on display.

Now I'm sure that many a railfan was dousing his drawers at the site of this, but I and many others were much more interested in these beauties...

Southern FP7 #6133

Riding along in 6133

Southern GP30 #2601

Norfolk & Western GP9 #620

Not running, but also on display.  Norfolk Southern Railway, Baldwin AS616 #1616

A cool NS heritage flag.

And lastly...I was quite surprised to find this hanging in the roundhouse.

I do hope that Bart will add to these.

Cheers!

Hoydie17

Looks like a good time had by all T-bone.  

Nice photos.

Sean
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

VirginiaSouthern

Thanks Sean.  It was a hotter than hell day, but it was certainly worth it.  It was also really good to meet Bart.  I had him laughing quite a bit.  Told him that he needs to get Caleb and I together in person and watch the hilarity ensue.

Tweetsiefireman

Tom,
Great shots.....I am hoping NS will do more stuff like this...Kinda reminds me of the good ole days pre-1994. *Puts down the crack pipe* I will hopefully get some shots up tommorow on here. Caleb shall have to come down and see these marvelous machines in operation and get baptized by the cinders in Blowing Rock. Only drawback of the event was the lack of steam but it was well worth going to see the E and F together. Nothing like a solid Sou Ry passenger special with apprioate power on the head end. I think the devil turned the heat up on us but we survived!

Till tommorow,
Bart

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk