Three hours around Danville

Started by E.M. Bell, May 20, 2006, 10:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Greg and myself decided to head out for awhile this afternoon and hang around the yard at Danville (Ky) .  It had been a stressful week, The sun was shining for the first time in Two weeks, so Off we went. As I was getting ready to leave the house my 5 year old daughter asked if she could go watch trains with me, and wanted to take a camera with her...how bout that!

AS we drove South, the NS radio was dead except for train 285. We caught up with him at Harrodsburg and got a grubby looking CR GE leading past the block just East of Downtown. (click the thumbs for bigger pics)

We followed 285 on into Danville and got him again as they pulled up at DV Tower for fuel and new crew.

Rachel had a lot of fun with our little point and shoot Kodak digital. She took pics of everything, and even managed a few decent train shots. Here is her very first "keeper" with no help from me at all. Maybe in a couple of years I can upgrade cameras again and pass the old DSLR along to her.  (end of proud papa bragging)

After a quick bite to eat, we headed out to the bridge just South of the Wye for Two Southbounds. Here is NS 215 with a pair of standard issue fish, and a artsy shot of a empty Gunderson stack car.

We had a little wait after 215 ran. and Greg started looking for things to do.  Here, he reads from the book of Pooh...I guess he must have been really bored...

223 finally gets a light off the Louisville side and shows up with a BNSF leader. This would be the last train for a long while as the afternoon lull sets in. The clouds had started to thicken anyway, so we headed back home..

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk