Getting lucky after work

Started by E.M. Bell, April 10, 2006, 09:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Yea..ok, out of the gutter now...

Shortly after arriving home from work (and only a 1/2 hour late!) I got a heads up on a Southbound Unit sulpher train that was in Lexington with good power. Not a minute later, another phone call says that NS 23G has a SD70M-2 on the point, and oh, by the way..he is five Minutes away from you.   Quickly scrapping Plan A (pop-a-top and read the email), I got my boots back on and dashed out the door just as 23G started across the bridge just down the road from the house. A quick session of inspired driving got me to Vanarsdale about 30 seconds ahead of the train.  

Yea, its the ol white plank fence shot again, but its the only good place for a shot late in the evening, and it was a brand new EMD...so here...

Somehow, and I really dont remember the details, I managed to beat him down to the next crossing at West Talmage (about a 1/4 mile from the last shot). A country road, classic KY stone fences and what is sure to be the classic new style EMD cab profile in one shot..not bad for the rather undignified arrival I made to get it.. (mental note...step on the drivers side of the truck is loose and will cause someone in a hurry to get out to fall ...need to fix that)

After waiting for 23G to crawl into the siding at Talmage, I cranked up some bluegrass and headed for Burgin. I had heard the aforementioned 61N call a signal at Highbridge, so it was gonna be close. With some good ol Flatt and Scruggs at high volume for inspiration, I get to the scenic splendor of downtown Burgin just in time to shoot a Bluebird, a Beaverboat and two catfish leading 50 cars of molten sulpher South.

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk