Ghost Train...

Started by Tweetsiefireman, October 30, 2006, 08:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweetsiefireman

Jason and I visited Tweetsie Railroad once again this past weekend for the annual Ghost Train event. Temps were bitterly cold, especially with the wind blowing between 30-50 MPH all day and night! This event is well worth checking out if anyone is in the area during the month of October. Grabbed a few shots of the Ghost Train locomotive during daylight hours (which is hard to do, as they hide it usually until sunset). The angle could be better but it should give you an idea, wanted to share them regardless. The guys at TRR go all out for this event, black light the drive rods, black out the drivers, use special lighting on the stack so the exhaust is red, and put a killer skull on the front of the smoke box that hiss and spits live steam. Also threw one up of #12 in her post Railfan Weekend lettering. Nothing like green with gold lettering.......reminds of me of a certain famous Southern locomotive! (Which I think was the idea behind the new lettering).

The Ghost Train photos are at the bottom of the album.
http://jreb.org/v-web/gallery/album57

JCagle

It's definately an event to put on your calendar every year imho. You can't beat chilly fall temps and a steam locomotive ride at night! The haunted attractions are pretty good too. Next year we'll have to remember to keep everybody up to date on the special events going on at the park for those that may be interested in a visit. It also makes a good farewell to steam for the year, since as of about 6 pm last night the fires were dropped till May.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk