Fall on the CNO&TP...Part Deux

Started by cmherndon, October 23, 2006, 08:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmherndon

Alternate title: The JREB.org Crew Engages in Terrorist Activities

Well, everyone thinks that railroad photography is a terrorist activity... Anyway, this past Saturday (10/21/06), EB, Shack, and myself piled up in Shack's hoopty/pimpmobile/hot rod/whatever for the second of two fall color expeditions on the CNO&TP.  We were out for around 16 hours, and the colors were just absolutely brilliant this time around.  I was actually amazed at how quickly they had turned since the last outing.

If you feel so inclined, you can read the full, unabridged report by clicking here.  As usual, I cannot be held responsible for any material that is deemed offensive.

And now for the photos...

First up was a fast-moving 216 at Gradison, where Junior also met one of the Pulaski County Streetwalkers.

While at Gradison, I also took a picture of the beautiful, foggy sunsrise.  It was my favorite shot of the day.

After that, it was on to Parkers Lake, where we caught 282 and 132.  Here's 132 going by Joe Neal Rd.

The vibrant colors also made for a beautiful photo, even without a train.

Also while at Parkers Lake, Junior demonstrates a rule of photophoamography.

Heading south of the border, we catch 177 at Robbins...

And then 124 at New River.

Followed by 167 at Sunbright...

We then head on down to Harriman, and park near CP Strange and watch three trains go by...

After watching a few more trains pass, my last train shot of the day was of 890 crossing the Emory River at Harriman.

My final shots of the day were at Camp Austin, and were of the foliage.

BONUS: F-Units on the Louisville District

Yesterday, Emmett called to inform me that there was a 956 at Talmage with a set of F-Units bound for Altoona.  Everybody knows the story on them by now.  I didn't think I would be able to get shots of them, until I called back about 20 minutes later to find out which way they would be going.  Luckily, the train was stuck behind 23G and I was able to make it down to Talmage to get a few shots there, and then again in Harrodsburg.

Until next time, I hope y'all enjoy and thanks for looking!
Caleb M. Herndon, KK4CDT
Frankfort, KY
http://www.cmherndon.com

"The human mind is like a railroad freight car; guaranteed to have a certain capacity, but often running empty."

Junior

Nice job on the photos!   

I impressed by the timely manner you got these out for public viewing.  It must be due to the restful trip you had Saturday. 

Junior

Hoydie17

Quote from: Junior on October 23, 2006, 09:53:38 PM
Nice job on the photos!   

I impressed by the timely manner you got these out for public viewing.  It must be due to the restful trip you had Saturday. 

Junior

Awwwwww. . . . . .he must be countin' Catfish. 
Α Φ Ψ  -  Old Dominion Chapter

"I'm not only the club president, I'm also a client."

CTT1(SW) Steven P. Daugherty, United States Navy - 1978 to 2007 - KIA, Baghdad, Iraq - You will not be forgotten.

E.M. Bell

Such a peaceful look..no doubt deep in a warm fuzzy GE dream...."GE...ah..GE, they bring good things to my life"

oh yea, as required...NICE SHOTS.....
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

I see you donned the required red sweatshirt that EMB loves so much as well!
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

cmherndon

Quote from: jbcagle7073I see you donned the required red sweatshirt that EMB loves so much as well!

But of course.  We wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote from: E.M. Bellwarm fuzzy GE dream...NICE SHOTS.

Quite funny that you should mention a GE dream being "warm", considering the GE locomotive's penchant for spontaneous combustion.  Also, you forgot the at least four obligatory smiley faces when saying "nice shots".  :D
Caleb M. Herndon, KK4CDT
Frankfort, KY

"The human mind is like a railroad freight car; guaranteed to have a certain capacity, but often running empty."

Warren

QuotePulaski County Streetwalkers.
Well they look better than St. Louis Streetwalkers.  ;D Detroit Deadwing sweater? That's one strike against you. :( Tiger fan too? :-\
Oh well j/k.

Go Cardinals! Go Blues! and Go Rams!

cmherndon

Quote from: WarrnTiger fan too?

Well, I like the Tigers and the Cardinals (Reds are my favorite though), but want STL to win the World Series.  Gotta pull for NL in the postseason.  ;D
Caleb M. Herndon, KK4CDT
Frankfort, KY

nscnotp1

I thought he was counting EMD's in his sleep. :D And maybe a Guiness or two as well :D

Junior

Quote from: nscnotp1 on October 26, 2006, 11:27:30 PM
I thought he was counting EMD's in his sleep. :D And maybe a Guiness or two as well :D

He is actaully a Foaming GE fanatic when no one is looking.  As for the Guiness he is really wanting some A&W Rootbeer. ;D

Jr.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk