Nemo Today

Started by butch, November 03, 2013, 09:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch

Spent a good chunk of today at Nemo.  Let's start out with pic I didn't get; the bridge tunnel shot minus a train.  But it's still a great view.
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

butch

Heading across the river on the way to CW Tower, a northbound train headed over the bridge; 3 NS units followed by 3 former SOO units.
Butch Adkins

butch

The light was behind the train, but I got a couple of shots and one last look at the old signals.
Butch Adkins

butch

The signals in transition.
Butch Adkins

butch

And this one from T24 I took just to show that the graffiti had been painted over.
Butch Adkins

NSyorktown

Looks like a great day . . . with the beautiful fall colors and some great action.

Love Pics #1 & #4!

dschlegel

Nice series of shots!
PA Dan

chipallen16

butch

Thanks guys.  So here is my question, is the Emory River bridge still #89 as was the one that was abandoned by the original Tunnel 22?
Butch Adkins

E.M. Bell

I just glanced at the track chart, and it shows the Emory River bridge as #96!
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

butch

I could see them being renumbered to reflect the ones that were replaced with fills and/or by-passed, but that should make the bridge number go down, not up.  My chart is the 1907 version. 
Butch Adkins

PGupton

Nice shots! There's still some fall color to be had---I saw that when passing through Harriman on I-40 Saturday. Let's hope it sticks around until this weekend  ;D

butch

They had to bring the stuff into CW Tower on a flatcar and lift it off with a crane.  The road over the top doesn't really get close to there.  If you look really close in the signal pic, you can see the yellow on a backhoe down near the signal bridge.  And Nemo still has the old signals. 

As for the atmosphere at Nemo, I was talking to a guy from the sheriff's department who was there with his kids and he said there had been discussions of closing the area because the stuff kids were doing.
Butch Adkins

Batman

nice stuff ,   here are some shots from Nemo Tunnel I have made .    The Southern is from 1981 and the NS is from 2009.    I`ll be shooting video of this area from the back of the train on sunday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk