Across the pond..

Started by E.M. Bell, October 05, 2006, 06:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

I was looking though some of my older shots the other day and came across a few from a location that I used to shoot a lot..the little pond at Nevins Station Ky. This location is only 3 or 4 miles from home, easy to get to, and WAS a great photo location.    The NS Louisville district is fairly hard to shoot at certain times of the year. The line runs more or less North/South From Danville to Waddy Ky, meaning that Westbounds are almost impossable to shoot with good light most of the year in that stretch. The line has very few spots open enough for side shots, but Nevin was one of those few spots. Over the last couple of years, NS has relocated the relay box for the crossing signals there. That, along with new home construction, has made the pond shot impossable to get. There are still a few spots to get those Westbounds mid-day, but I have wrote Nevin out of the playbook..

Westbound NS 224 with a former ATSF SD75I leading, 2004

23G at Nevin in 2004 (hey, it was good for Eastbounds as well!)

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

RMOORE62

Thanks for the trip down memory lane with the pair of BNSF SD75I leading. 

I don't know if Junior will remember you getting his picture at that location, or remember me catching them about halfway through Waddy, but I know he will remember me parked on the bridge at Waddy with one of Shelby County's finest raising forty kinds of hell with me for stopping on that bridge.   I just wanted a picture of them meeting another train with almost perfect cab meets in great sun.  I let the picture go to keep from getting ticketed.

In case you were curious, that was April 8, 2004 with 8216 leading 8205.  They were dirty as hell but also a rare catch for one and even more rare for two hitched together.
Randy Moore
Lawrenceburg, KY
NS Central Division, Louisville District, MP 330.5
http://www.rdmphoto.net
http://www.rdmphoto.net/gallery2 <== Photo Gallery

E.M. Bell

Ah yes...I had forgotten that little episode Randy..buts it ok, you can look at my pics  ;D

About the time you where meeting with the Shelby county constabulary, I was shooting this. The child still goes nuts for the Warbonnets..

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk