Weekend in Harrisburg, PA

Started by NSMoWandS, December 29, 2012, 07:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSMoWandS

So, I took my father out for a holiday railfan trip to Harrisburg, PA this weekend. Friday... sunny! Saturday... SNOW!

10A with a SD70 standard cab trailing.

NSMoWandS

Pic 1- Steelton local headed thru CP Harrisburg.
Pic 2- 23M headed past Amtrak's Harrisburg Station.

NSMoWandS

Pic 1- Lurgan Branch Bridge from my hotel room!
Pic 2- Heritage Units S&A and PC sitting in Enola Yard.

NSMoWandS

Pic 1- S&A and PC units mingle with some lease power in Enola Yard. Across the river is Harrisburg Skyline. If you look close... you can see the dome of the state capitol.
Pic 2- Night shot of a train waiting on the Lurgan Branch Bridge.

NSMoWandS

On to Saturday and... SNOW!!!

Pic1- Two high hood GP38-2's switching cars at the very north end of Enola Yard.
Pic2- 64J (trash) comes across Rockville Bridge with 8 engines... the first 4 being SD80MAC's!!!

NSMoWandS

Pic1- Close up of the 4 80MAC's.
Pic2- Caught two trains meeting on the bridge. 7 engines on the train to the right.

NSMoWandS

Headed over to Cove, PA

Pic1- Autoracks take the siding to wait at CP Banks for Amtrak's Pennsylvanian. Nice to see a SD60M... nicer if it was leading.
Pic2- Intermodal flys by toward Altoona with an ex Conrail dash 8 on home rails.

NSMoWandS

And to close out the day... Amtrak's Pennsylvanian with a Dash 8-32BWH.

Thanks for looking. Dan

Matt L

Nice job! Your weather on Saturday looks rather similar to the snowstorm we got in upstate NY- yesterday was a nasty day.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

E.M. Bell

Thanks for sharing with us! Rockville has been on my to-do list for awhile now. I need to get back up that way soon.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

thpbears

Those were some nice shots. Looks like you all had a great time with plenty of trains.

NSMoWandS

Thanks guys! If going to the area... stay at the Bridgeview Bed and Breakfast! Stopped by there... the owner was very nice and knew some places to shoot trains that are not well known! Next time I go... I will be staying there! Dan

Badhorse79

Great pics Dan. Glad you and Pops had a good time on HOTH! !! Thanks for sharing !

sorry star wars has been on all weekend !!!!!

NSMoWandS

Thanks BH! We actually quote StarWars at work all the time! When someone is being a little b**ch... 3 or 4 of us usually harmonize... " Awww... cannot get your ship out."  :D Dan

Badhorse79

Lol !!! That's pretty funny!  Even funnier if ya say it like yoda!

dschlegel

Looks like a great weekend! I love the night shot on the Lurgan bridge, you nailed it on that one!

NSMoWandS

Thanks Dan! I took video of an intermodal before that one... but, didn't come out that well. So, I decided just to watch the next one (bridge pic) from the hotel room. Well, he came up and stopped. I grabbed my pants and shoes, started unpacking the tripod... all the while my dad is laughing, saying "by the time you get out there and set up... he will be moving again." Was able to click off a few time exposed shots before he got a signal!!! Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk